Digging out of my Driveway

garbsmj
4StarLounger

Digging out of my Driveway

Post by garbsmj »

Okey dokey - it's taken me three days to get the :burnup: snow out of my driveway so I can go to the store to buy food for puppy and kitty. Sure, with a snowblower, it would be a piece of cake but all I have is two shovels and one old lady(me). All my ever-so-unhelpful neighbors have done is allow one of their dogs to go do its business on my front deck(and it must be eating cats because, well, you know).
My question is this - any hints as to what to do with the huge mounds of snow on either side? My bf is hinting I should but really, they are taller than I am and more snow is expected. :scratch:
When one cat leaves, another mysteriously shows up.

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Re: Digging out of my Driveway

Post by jonwallace »

Carve crenellations in the top in case you have to defend your kitty litter from the neighbours :grin:
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Or build a tunnel of snow blocks over your driveway - it'll remain dry until the big meltdown... :evilgrin:
Best wishes,
Hans

garbsmj
4StarLounger

Post by garbsmj »

Hans,

The big what? It will never melt down. I see the glacier approaching now... :flee:

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

jonwallace wrote:Carve crenellations in the top in case you have to defend your kitty litter from the neighbours :grin:
I love this idea; however, forget carving them, since you have at least one kitty then perhaps you buy those pails kitty litter comes in; they are fabulous for stuffing with snow (and a little H20) which when dumped over will provide you with a wonderful fortified embattlement disguised as your Snow Queen B&B. It goes along the lines of building sand castles at the beach. We have similar issues here with the neighbour's feral monstrosities eating our song birds and with a proper supply of snowballs thrown from behind the fortress, the visits become less frequent. If you know for certain which beast is leaving behind :laugh: his business, then you bag it up and could pretend it's May Day and go hang it in a festive basket on their door knob :laugh:
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

garbsmj wrote:Hans,

The big what? It will never melt down. I see the glacier approaching now... :flee:
Crappy Diem.....hahahah~!~!~! I love it.
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

Hey Jude wrote: If you know for certain which beast is leaving behind :laugh: his business, then you bag it up and could pretend it's May Day and go hang it in a festive basket on their door knob :laugh:
The Scottish technique is to put the "objects" in a paper bag which is placed on the offender's doorstep and lit. The doorbell is then rung and you watch (from inside your fortifications) as they stamp out the flames...
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

garbsmj
4StarLounger

Post by garbsmj »

Actually, the lower life form that left the "present" was this stupid dog down the street who gets let loose a few times a day in direct violation of the pretty little sign across the street that states "all dogs must be on leash." People think this means the park, not the city. Doggie thinks my yard is his and, as I had unkindly given him access to yard, he deposited his suspicious, hairy mess in front of my door.

It took all my effort not to scoop up and run directly to neighbor's mailbox and leave deposit. The thing that bugs me the most is as I am struggling out there, people in the neighborhood will slow their cars down and stare at me, but no one will help. I usually give them the stink eye, so this must be another example of the circle of life that rules us all.

I just wonder about the stupid dog, though, because I swore I saw hairs in said droppings and either they were rodential, or something worse.....

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

garbsmj wrote:... I usually give them the stink eye ...
Good thing you ain't from New York. They don't use stink eye in The City, but this is a family forum, so I won't tell ya what they do use...

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

garbsmj wrote:I just wonder about the stupid dog, though, because I swore I saw hairs in said droppings and either they were rodential, or something worse.....
Have you seen Stupid Dog's owners lately? Perhaps they haven't been over to help you shovel because they've now become dog chow.
Samantha

garbsmj
4StarLounger

Post by garbsmj »

Yay, I finally finished and all I had to contend with was, yes, yet another loose dog who ran up to me snarling for no reason other than shovel-o-phobia. I had to stare him down to get him to go away. Ah yes, life on the tundra, oops, out on the prairie, is like that sometimes....

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

garbsmj wrote: any hints as to what to do with the huge mounds of snow on either side?
Funny you should ask ...probably the only time in your life you could put it on eBay and get a serious offer.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

aardvark
Lounger

Post by aardvark »

Well, I like the idea of bagging it and lighting it on the front porch. Haven't done that for about 1/2 century. But tell me, I found a dead rabbit in my driveway this morning as I was leaving for work. Can't bury it in the snow; it will show up again in April; at least the bones will. Any suggestions???

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

aardvark wrote: Any suggestions???
Do you not have any carrion-eating wildlife? We have Red Kites permanently hovering over where I live - it would last less than an hour if the foxes didn't get it first. In the towns, plenty of crows to do the job...
Leif

aardvark
Lounger

Post by aardvark »

I did leave it for the beasts of nature. Whatever shows up first will get it. If it's still there when I return from work, Hefty, Hefty, Hefty will come in handy.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge, aardvark!
Best wishes,
Hans

aardvark
Lounger

Post by aardvark »

Thanks, It took me a while, but I was able to find this place and was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of familiar "faces".

djlansing
NewLounger

Post by djlansing »

How about going into business.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
djlansing (Life is expensive, however it does include a free trip around the sun.)

jstevens
GoldLounger

Post by jstevens »

If you wait a little longer (say to springtime) to make your purchase; I'm sure they will be offering steep discounts on the snowmen.

Regards, :laugh:
John
Regards,
John