A "Did you know" section

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

A "Did you know" section

Post by Dave Davison »

Seeing the horizon of this forum goes beyond just that of I.T. matters (e.g.) this SCuttlebut page, is it ok to submit news items or point to links excluding of course; controvercial issues like religion or politics that unearth issues that touch all our lives in some way? I attach an example from an email I got today which touches an issue that concerns everyone on the planet, except maybe for a few in the Astralian outback or Amazon jungle. :chatter: Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Leif
Administrator

Re: A "Did you know" section

Post by Leif »

Dave Davison wrote:I attach an example from an email I got today which touches an issue that concerns everyone on the planet, except maybe for a few in the Astralian outback or Amazon jungle. :chatter: Dave.
You actually attach an example of a load of cobblers! (See snopes.com: Coca-Cola Acids).

There is no problem that I see in posting genuinely informative material, but please do bear in mind our preference that there be no politics, religion or inflammatory content :smile:
Leif

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

Leif wrote: You actually attach an example of a load of cobblers! (See snopes.com: Coca-Cola Acids).
Thank you, I also found this posted on Urban Legends/Snopes. This cyber highway is a glorious tool, but along with the truth are alot of falsities.
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

I rather liked the segment of the Snopes' URL: cokelore...
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

Hey Jude wrote:Thank you, I also found this posted on Urban Legends/Snopes.[...]
I also found this posted on Urban Legends/Snopes. :evilgrin:
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

John Gray wrote:I rather liked the segment of the Snopes' URL: cokelore...
It was comical to conceive that inquiring of a patrol officer whether he had scrubbed blood stains recently using Coca Cola would give him "CRS" syndrome in re the citation you would have been given :read: ...
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

Hey Jude wrote:It was comical to conceive that inquiring of a patrol officer whether he had scrubbed blood stains recently using Coca Cola would give him "CRS" syndrome in re the citation you would have been given :read: ...
The cokelore subject seems to be in the air these days. A co-worker was cleaning out her accumulation miscellaneous paperwork last week and handed me an old, many-times photocopied, page of the cokelore "facts."

My very first reaction was to scoff at the mental image of large bottles of Coke (which as far as I know, don't come in gallon sizes) rolling around in the trunk of a patrol car, eventually springing a leak and coating the remaining contents of the trunk in a sticky residue.
Samantha

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Samantha wrote:... rolling around in the trunk of a patrol car, eventually springing a leak and coating the remaining contents of the trunk in a sticky residue.
Along with his shotgun, bullet proof vest and assorted other law enforcement equipment...

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks for the numerous comments......Snopes may debunk the actual article BUT I well remember someone here in the UK immersing some old tainted coins in a saucer of coke and in a few days they came out as new!!!!! Must be some truth in the comments if they are exaggerated somewhat...... Regards dave.

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

Dave Davison wrote:Thanks for the numerous comments......Snopes may debunk the actual article BUT I well remember someone here in the UK immersing some old tainted coins in a saucer of coke and in a few days they came out as new!!!!! Must be some truth in the comments if they are exaggerated somewhat...... Regards dave.
Dave, my interpretation of the Snopes article was that the information was a mix of urban legend (the police using Coke to clean blood off the street) and general household tips (which applied to Coke and other carbonated beverages). So yes, there was some truth to the article, but mixing it in with false information taints the whole message.
Samantha