A "Feel Good" Story

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

A "Feel Good" Story

Post by Bigaldoc »

I received this in an email from a very reliable source who didn't say what TV program it came from, but apparently Clarence Clemons was the speaker:

Bruce Springsteen & Clarence Clemons (The Big Man, his sax player in case you didn't know) were driving back to NJ from Boston in one of Bruce's classic cars, a '69 Chevy with, as Clarence (who was telling the story) said, like 800 horsepower.... anyway, they stopped off the turnpike around New Haven, CT to get something to eat....They stopped at a restaurant and this college age girl, Rose was their waitress.... she didn't recognize them, but her father- the owner did....she says to them, "My Dad says you guys are famous. Are you?"

Bruce replies "To some people of a certain age." Anyway, after the meal they posed for some pictures with the people in the restaurant. When they went to pay, the owner wouldn't let them. So Clarence left a tip on the table for the waitress... didn't say how much but it must have been big because she chased them out in the parking lot and said that he'd made a mistake and left her too much. "No, I didn't" Clarence told her & she said "Oh my God! Thank you so much! This will go towards the car I need."

Two weeks later, this girl comes out of work only to find that '69 Chevy parked in the lot with a big pink bow on the roof. Inside, taped to the steering wheel was a card that said, "Our advice is to sell it on eBay and buy a Prius. All the best, Bruce & Clarence."

Claude
cheese lizard

Re: A "Feel Good" Story

Post by Claude »

Pretty reliable I'd say. Goto page 22 (1,9Mb pdf document)
Last edited by HansV on 08 Feb 2010, 07:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to correct URL
Cheers, Claude.

geedeearr
StarLounger

Post by geedeearr »

Hi Claude,
Your link has an extraneous "l" at the end of pdf. It works without it.
:bow:
gary

Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music. - George Carlin                    Image

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Claude wrote:Pretty reliable I'd say.
Wow, I don't know how you found that link, Claude, but the story is "almost" word-for-word.