The Shirt by Robert Pinsky

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

The Shirt by Robert Pinsky

Post by Hey Jude »

I had the good fortune of meeting Mr. Pinsky when he was our National Poet Laureate at a poetry reading he gave at Harper College in Palatine, IL. in 2000. This fellow sat on stage on a stool and literally read his poems. He brought the black/white words to light with such force that I was blown away by how much I had missed just by cruising past them. So I'd like to share The Shirt http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/15479 Take the time to listen to his diction. I bought his book that night and had him autograph it. I hadn't ever met a poet laureate prior to this evening so it was another highlight of my few years on this planet.
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

steveh
SilverLounger

Re: The Shirt by Robert Pinsky

Post by steveh »

Hey Jude

I know that you will think me a Philistine but if it don't rhyme it ain't a poem :grin:

And as I type this a true poets words are filtering from my Radio, James Taylor
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Re: The Shirt by Robert Pinsky

Post by Hey Jude »

steveh wrote:Hey Jude

I know that you will think me a Philistine but if it don't rhyme it ain't a poem :grin:

And as I type this a true poets words are filtering from my Radio, James Taylor
Ok, Goliath :laugh:
you may opine as to what defines a poem in your estimation. I consider James Taylor one highly esteemed song writer, poet, lyricist, musician and MusiCares Person of the Year Tributes went to him due to all these characteristics. (scroll down halfway) His DVD is part of my repertoire :smile:
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image