signs of summer

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

signs of summer

Post by stuck »

In typical UK Bank Holiday Monday style in rained all day in my part of the world. Today though the sun is shining and we visited a garden full of poppies.

Ken
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: signs of summer

Post by HansV »

We've had our summer in April. May has been considerably cooler - at least it feels that way, with very changeable weather towards the end.

Lovely picture, by the way!
Best wishes,
Hans

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Yes, we had 3 days without rain last week, now it back to Winter
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Timelord
4StarLounger

Post by Timelord »

We had 3 days without rain last week too, but the it poured those nights. Yesterday my yard and driveway were flooded, but the temp was high 80s. And there was a power surge at work that killed the A/C. Still waiting for that to get fixed, but it is cooler today. We have actually opened all the doors in the building to the outside world to cool down the workplace. And since we are a software company everyone has at least 1 computer, some have up to 3, and everyone has at least 2 monitors, some have up to 5 for all their computers. I believe we are directly contributing to global warming.
Who will you Inspire today?

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

You folks with all the rain . . . We're in the midst of a drought the likes of which have not been seen since the dust bowl era. We've measured almost no rain - except for the one 4-incher - since late last summer.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

We have have had one (1) day that got up to 70, and that was for about 10 minutes. It is predicted that we will have 72 and 74 heat way this Saturday and Sunday.

We have had record snowfall and now with the extra rain, the Spring milt is flooding the rivers more than normal.

Some of the Ski areas are still running.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Big news around Massachusetts was the tornadoes that hit the western part of the state.
http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs. ... /106020322" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fairly common in the mid-western USA but a real rarity here in our state. Last big one was over 50 years ago.
It didn't affect us here on Cape Cod at all. Not even a drop of rain, no less winds, but they got creamed around the Springfield area. Today is a beautiful sunny mild beach day.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Bowlie
5StarLounger

Post by Bowlie »

If you don't like the weather, why not change it?

Apparently one of the features of iOS 5 on the iPad

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

:laugh: :cheers: :clapping:
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.