"The" Topic Of The Day

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

"The" Topic Of The Day

Post by Bigaldoc »

Well, I see that no one has commented so far, so here goes...

The only video of this morning's royal wedding that I watched was her walk down the aisle and the taking of the vows.

I was surprised that, at the end of the vows, there was no "...you may kiss the bride..." Is that only an American custom or what? At least they did treat to masses to those kisses from the balcony!

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: "The" Topic Of The Day

Post by BobH »

What wedding? Anyone we know? :flee:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

In many weddings in the UK "You may kiss the bride" is a part of the ceremony. For the traditionalists, the protocol of the church of England dictates that there is no kissing during the ceremony.
Tony

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Aha, thanks Tony, I didn't know that! Here in America, that first kiss as husband and wife is an important aspect of a wedding.

My wife and I, when we were married in the military in France, had our "official" wedding conducted by the Mayor of the small village nearby. It was a civil ceremony, followed later that day by our church wedding on our Army base.

In any case, being a civil ceremony of the French "government" our "first kiss" as man and wife was recorded for posterity as we exited the city hall of the small village.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PJ_in_FL
5StarLounger

Post by PJ_in_FL »

Wedding?
PJ in (usually sunny) FL

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Great pic, BigAl!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs