1&1 Web Hosting

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

1&1 Web Hosting

Post by Bigaldoc »

I can't remember who else here uses them, but I'm curious if any other 1&1 customers just got an email about a $2 per month price increase in their fee starting in May 2011 or your next billing cycle?

I use their "Home" program since my domain is for hobby and fun purposes and (if I remember correctly) when I signed up 2½ years ago, I got unlimited bandwidth and storage as long as there's no "break" in service, which there hasn't been.

The email touts a number of service "increases" for the $2, including bandwidth and storage limits and other things that do not interest me. Obviously I have no choice if I want to stay with them and a price increase is a price increase.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: 1&1 Web Hosting

Post by DaveA »

I use 1and1 but have a "Business" account, and have not seen any notice of a increase.
At $9.99 a month for me is a good price, as MOST of our email comes through this server.

With the cost increases that all people and companies are having to pay, I think a $2.00 a month increase is NOT bad.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

Isn't that about a cheeseburger a month? Think of the health benefits!
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Hello BigAl!

I don't use your hosting service but use GoDaddy.com. You might want to compare them to your provider if the price increase is untenable. They (godaddy) have been very reliable and offer great customer service.

mtcw
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Since I made my post (and wrote to 1&1) I got an email confirming that my "account" includes unlimited bandwidth and storage and that I will NOT be charged the $2 increase.

Let me be honest and say that $2 is NOT a back breaker. What made me upset was their marketing schmaltz making it look like they were giving a lot more service.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Good for you BigAl, it always pays to ask those questions.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living