Can One Make an Audio and Endless Loop?

BobH
UraniumLounger

Can One Make an Audio and Endless Loop?

Post by BobH »

I've downloaded some apps for my iPhone that play soothing sounds constantly and repeatedly. I have some CD's of relaxation sounds that I would like to listen to while I sleep. It is simple enough to rip the CD's and put them on my iPhone, but I would like for them to play repeatedly.

Is there a way to make the sounds loop and repeat?

TIA
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

steveh
SilverLounger

Re: Can One Make an Audio and Endless Loop?

Post by steveh »

BobH wrote:I've downloaded some apps for my iPhone that play soothing sounds constantly and repeatedly. I have some CD's of relaxation sounds that I would like to listen to while I sleep. It is simple enough to rip the CD's and put them on my iPhone, but I would like for them to play repeatedly.

Is there a way to make the sounds loop and repeat?

TIA
Hi Bob

Apparently you can do it with code!!, I did not realise that you could add code to an IPhone but then I am an Apple'O'phobe any way

http://tympanus.net/codrops/2009/09/15/ ... phone-app/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Steve!

I'm gonna look into that. I wonder what kind of editor I'm gonna need to write iPhone code?

Thanks again!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

steveh
SilverLounger

Post by steveh »

BobH wrote:Thanks, Steve!

I'm gonna look into that. I wonder what kind of editor I'm gonna need to write iPhone code?

Thanks again!
Hi Bob

I found this thread where somebody had the reverse of your problem, they had a track that kept on repeating, perhaps the replies here http://www.everythingicafe.com/forum/io ... 15673.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; can help you to set the repeat, in short one of the answers says

"Once you have your playlist displayed start the first song. Tap on the album art and the Playhead will appear. The Playhead tells you how much time the song is in minutes:seconds; elasped time on left, remaining time on right.

On the left side of the Playhead is the Repeat icon (it looks like a race track). Tap it to make a selection.

Black=repeat one song
Blue=repeat all songs
Blue with black head=set to repeat current song
Black and white=not set to repeat songs

On the right side is the shuffle incon (it looks like two crossed lines with arrows to the right). Tap it to make a selection.

Black=play songs in order
Blue=shuffle
Black and white=set to play songs in order"

HTH
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Wow! Thanks, Steve!!

Who knew those controls were there? Obviously not this old codger. The information in that link and the responses to the post did the trick.

Thanks again!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)