Discretionary use of claws in light-hearted play activities.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Discretionary use of claws in light-hearted play activit

Post by StuartR »

John Gray wrote:Well, it works fine for me! This is the link I used between [ img] [ /img] tags.
And this is what I see when I follow your link...

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /wp-content/uploads/2009/10/funny-pictures-kitten-decides-whether-to-cause-mischief.jpg on this server.
StuartR

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The link works OK for me (I can see the kitten), but the image in your post still doesn't. I tried to insert the image in this post using [img]...[/img] tags but that didn't work either.
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote: but that didn't work either.
That's what happens when you short-circuit the discretionary claws!
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
He who plants a seed, plants life.

Bowlie
5StarLounger

Post by Bowlie »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
Bowlie wrote:two Birmans
Wossa Birman?
Mais, voila ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mishmish3000
PlatinumLounger

Post by mishmish3000 »

MishMish here... having enjoyed the company of many cats over the years, I've learned that cats will use their claws only if they (a) are really mad at you, in which case you get the full, "Mreowrrrr!", scratching and/or puncturing or (b) if they want to get your attention. Then you usually get one claw, gently poked into your arm, foot, toe, whatever. Briefly. As in, "Ahem, silly human! Attention, please. Thank you. Now that I have your full attention..."

One of my cats (I have 2 right now) is named, oddly enough, MishMish. When you pick her up, right hand under her front paws, left hand supporting her nether end, she will always want to curl up on your left shoulder, never your right. She always does that, and has since the first day we met her at the animal shelter.

My other cat, Charlie Alpha Tango, loves to drag herself, on her tummy, along the carpet, using only her front paws and claws. Her back legs are just fine, since she amuses herself by running up and down stairs and climbing our stone fireplace (a bit alarming, that), but she just loves to be Slither Cat occasionally. It freaks MishMish out.

Anyone have a cat who just CANNOT keep herself or himself from playing with water? Charlie falls into that category (no pun intended). MishMish couldn't care less about water, really, but Charlie... good grief! Maybe she was an otter in a previous life.

We trim our cats' nails once a month with nail clippers. Not a happy time, but now that they know cat treats will follow immediatley afterwards, it's cool with them. Of course, to hear them, you'd think we were doing something awful to them. But they always get over it as soon as the cat treats start bouncing on the floor.

:grin:
Anne

mishmish3000
PlatinumLounger

Post by mishmish3000 »

Beautiful birmans!!!!!! :clapping:
Anne

Bowlie
5StarLounger

Post by Bowlie »

mishmish3000 wrote:Beautiful birmans!!!!!! :clapping:
Shhhh ... The one on the left is handsome, his sister is pretty! You are looking for a demonstration on the use of claws ...

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Post by VegasNath »

Bowlie wrote:
ChrisGreaves wrote:
Bowlie wrote:two Birmans
Wossa Birman?
Mais, voila ...
Out of curiosity, does the one on the right have white socks?
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....

Bowlie
5StarLounger

Post by Bowlie »

VegasNath wrote: Out of curiosity, does the one on the right have white socks?
That's Rosie, her brother is Royce. They both have white socks on all four paws.

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Post by VegasNath »

The reason for asking is that we have an identical looking girl which we rescued from a mountain in the middle of nowhere. She is very small with dumpy little legs and dark socks. We always thought that she was a Birman, but later found out that Birmans have white socks. We now think that she is a ragdoll, but am not certain. We always joked that she is half-sheep :grin:
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....

Bowlie
5StarLounger

Post by Bowlie »

VegasNath wrote:The reason for asking is that we have an identical looking girl which we rescued from a mountain in the middle of nowhere. She is very small with dumpy little legs and dark socks. We always thought that she was a Birman, but later found out that Birmans have white socks. We now think that she is a ragdoll, but am not certain. We always joked that she is half-sheep :grin:
Well, I think Ragdolls tend to be bigger than Birmans and not all have blue eyes. There is a comparison here. Rosie appears to be a lot smaller than her brother, but it isn't as much as you first think. His fur is much more dense (read fur-balls) and in the winter he puffs up.

Perhaps a Ragdoll-Birman cross? :cheers:

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

John Gray wrote:Well, it works fine for me! This is the link I used between [ img] [ /img] tags.
In Toronto Canada I get this:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /wp-content/uploads/2009/10/funny-pictures-kitten-decides-whether-to-cause-mischief.jpg on this server.

But pasting the text kitten-decides-whether-to-cause-mischief into a Google search box provides many links to the picture.
He who plants a seed, plants life.