Choose Not to Fall

Samantha
3StarLounger

Choose Not to Fall

Post by Samantha »

An inspiration for us all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRSOe-rDa9Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
    • "Parkour is an international discipline, sport and hobby that is best described as the art of forward motion in spite of obstacles, or to put it simply: the art of movement. Parkour's chief aim is never to move backward but instead to overcome obstacles fluidly, with strength, originality and speed."
Samantha

Jezza
5StarLounger

Re: Choose Not to Fall

Post by Jezza »

Thanks Samantha...I just wonder why we never see any 40 + year old parkour enthusiasts :grin:

It is an incredible sport with the skills of a gymnast and the nerve of a base jumper but every extreme sport seems to attract/create the "spiritualist" who seems to think it is the answer. This was this guys way of dealing with his demons, good on him.

I am still trying to work out the city he is in... London? The accent seems to want me to say he is somewhere in Scotland but London is my favourite.
Jerry
I’ll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there’s evidence of any thinking going on inside it

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

jezza wrote:... I just wonder why we never see any 40 + year old parkour enthusiasts ...
I would hazard a guess that it's for the same reason you don't see any 63+ year old parkour enthusiasts.
And that's about the only hazard I feel like embracing right now!
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

jezza wrote:...I just wonder why we never see any 40 + year old parkour enthusiasts :grin:
I must admit that even 30 years ago I would have been limited to being only an enthusiastic parkour admirer. Even with glasses (or perhaps because of glasses), my depth perception is so poor that I would likely miss the railing and plunge headlong over the edge. :drop:
Samantha

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Samantha wrote:... even 30 years ago ...
Assuming, of course, that you could have climbed out of your cradle. :baby:

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
Samantha wrote:... even 30 years ago ...
Assuming, of course, that you could have climbed out of your cradle. :baby:
Sorry, I should have said "31 or more years ago," since 30 years ago I was even more ungainly than normal, being more than a little pregnant. (My avatar pic is oooold -- the toddler on my lap just celebrated her 4th birthday)
Samantha

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Samantha wrote:... should have said "31 or more years ago, ...
So, now we are talking about getting INTO the cradle? :laugh:

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Post by VegasNath »

jezza wrote:I am still trying to work out the city he is in... London? The accent seems to want me to say he is somewhere in Scotland but London is my favourite.
My guess is Liverpool.
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....

Jezza
5StarLounger

Post by Jezza »

VegasNath wrote:
jezza wrote:I am still trying to work out the city he is in... London? The accent seems to want me to say he is somewhere in Scotland but London is my favourite.
My guess is Liverpool.
Yep, I think you are right looking at the other links...it really is "Gymnast goes Urban"
Jerry
I’ll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there’s evidence of any thinking going on inside it