Special Character Keys for word

steveh
SilverLounger

Special Character Keys for word

Post by steveh »

Hi All

I have quite a comprehensive list of the ALT short cut codes for special charaters but I was wondering if anybody new of one for this symbol
Degrees C.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

HansV
Administrator

Re: Special Character Keys for word

Post by HansV »

Are you sure that this is a single character? The Unicode "Degrees Celsius" character looks different: ℃. You can get it by typing 2103 followed by Alt+X in Word.
Best wishes,
Hans

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

I use Alt+248 on the numeric pad to get (one version of) degree: ° and follow it with C, as in 13°C...
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

steveh
SilverLounger

Post by steveh »

Hi Hans and John

Thanks for both replies. Sorry the question was probably badly worded I current use ALT0176 to get ° and then add the C, I just saw the symbol I posted on another site (I can't remember where now) and just thought it looked 'snazzier' than what I was using. Because it was on a website and seemed to be in a table I made the assumption that it existed as an ASCII and that there would be a short code for it.
Steve
― Benjamin Franklin

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

CTRL+@, then press SPACEBAR is another shortcut you may prefer, but only works in Office 2002 on...
Leif

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Steve, if you don't mind using yet another FREE utility, I use UtilFr – Clavier+ 10.6.1 for such things not only because it's easy to use but also since it works anywhere text is permitted, in addition to a word processor.

Examples:    Â½    Â¾    Â¼    Â°

PS I use it for MANY "repeated use" text entries such as my name and address, my usual ID (bigaldoc), my email address, etc.

steveh
SilverLounger

Post by steveh »

Bigaldoc wrote:Steve, if you don't mind using yet another FREE utility, I use UtilFr – Clavier+ 10.6.1 for such things not only because it's easy to use but also since it works anywhere text is permitted, in addition to a word processor.

Examples:    Â½    Â¾    Â¼    Â°

PS I use it for MANY "repeated use" text entries such as my name and address, my usual ID (bigaldoc), my email address, etc.
Thanks everybody for the replies and cheers Big Al for the link, I have downloaded that and will have a play with it
Steve
― Benjamin Franklin