Man takes computer for repair. Cost: $20 million

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Man takes computer for repair. Cost: $20 million

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Toronto Star

Sounds better than any Nigerian scam I've heard of ...

"All Roger Davidson – a Grammy-winning composer and heir to a massive oil fortune – wanted was to get his computer fixed.
According to authorities in New York State, he ended up being scammed out of as much as $20 million (U.S.) by the computer store’s owner, Vickram Bedi."

etc. e6tc. etc.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Argus
GoldLounger

Re: Man takes computer for repair. Cost: $20 million

Post by Argus »

Just a question; Chris are you all over this place? I read three threads in less than 30 seconds and you were watching them and posting this?
Edit:
BTW; "... he had traced the virus to a hard-drive hidden in Honduras ..." :grin: Most of the time you are happy if they can manage to get you a correct pair of RAM modules.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Argus wrote:Just a question; Chris are you all over this place? I read three threads in less than 30 seconds and you were watching them and posting this?
I'm not sure what you mean, but want to prepare a serious answer.
I wasn't aware that I'd done anything weird.
I get bored easily, read a lot and quickly (I usually have ten books open at various places and just pick up where I left off).
Today's lunch date was canceled and I always take a cancellation as a gift of time I wasn't going to have free, so around 11am-2pm I kicked back a bit and indulged myself between phone calls to a colleague and preparing some course material for a local associations.

If I've overdone something I apologize, but if you're curious about how many of us work in this office, there's just me.
"... he had traced the virus to a hard-drive hidden in Honduras ..." :grin: Most of the time you are happy if they can manage to get you a correct pair of RAM modules.
Sometimes I'm happy if I can understand them, what with the accent, the technical jargon etc.

P.S. We also had the polish plasterer in re-plastering my bathroom, so for an hour or so I didn't feel like getting deep into solving Cindy's Access95 database problems.

With best wishes :hugs:

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

It was said with a big smile (-> :smile: ) on this side of the screen, sorry it wasn't fully and clearly expressed. I was just a bit amazed, if you can be that just a bit.

:hugs: are appreciated; it's cold here! We just got 20 cm snow.

Best regards,
:hello:
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Argus wrote::hugs: are appreciated; it's cold here! We just got 20 cm snow.
:shy: I hadn't meant it to be quite that close a hug ....