Mushrooms

HansV
Administrator

Mushrooms

Post by HansV »

October is a very wet month this year...

Shrooms.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: Mushrooms

Post by John Gray »

Since that is outside, there's no possibility of me saying
"There's not mush room in here..."
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Are you going to harvest them and post them to Chris?

:evilgrin:

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

No, that's illegal, but he's welcome to visit Wageningen and admire them!
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:
26 Oct 2023, 19:28
No, that's illegal, but he's welcome to visit Wageningen and admire them!
Love to! What's the transit system like where you are?

The pension is in today, and it has gone, as they say in elevated financial circles "up".

One problem: I now have a lady bitch sharing my bed, and who will care for her on my 24-hour trip to Wagging-tail? And the 36-hour trip back to (by that time) not-Wagging-tail.
She shares my bed, kicks me in the kidneys all night long, and being a Husky-Labrador cross takes me for a walk twice a day. Her only redeeming features are that she chews up the pumpkin vines in my new garden bed, and uses her rear legs as a device to spread the resulting trace elements.
20231023_130737.jpg
We have come to an agreement on bed-sharing, but it does not leave me with mushroom.
(signed) "sleep-deprived" of Bonavista.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Dogs are welcome here! I already walked two dogs today.
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:
27 Oct 2023, 11:05
Dogs are welcome here! I already walked two dogs today.
20231027_091554.jpg
Be that as it may, but I won't be able to bring decaying artichoke stems into Holland, will I? The stalks are ten feet long, and given that Missus Slobberchops (a.k.a. Snufflegrunt) and I will be in transit for 24/36 hours, I suspect that airplanes do not have mushrooms for the byproducts of digestion?

"If you have walked dogs, clearly they are not a Husky cross" he said crossly huskily.
Cheers, Chris

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

So this Labrador-Husky cross is more Husky than Labrador, I take it. Labradors are generally very sweet.
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:
27 Oct 2023, 14:26
So this Labrador-Husky cross is more Husky than Labrador, I take it. Labradors are generally very sweet.
On "walkies" she is about 90% Husky. I am considering converting my home-made hand-cart to a dog-cart; I'm not just sure how to implement a 20-ton ship-anchor into the harness..
Labradors are indeed sweet, but I have not yet worked out how to get her to haul home the (Excel2003) estimated 48.9 370 ml cans of tomato paste that will be required for the first marinade.

OK. Truth is that she is really well-behaved indoors and out. She is clever enough to have trained me, in less than four days, to the correct way to indicate that a short excursion to the back yard is required. She shows no inclination to tug at her running leash and make her own way home. She doesn't flinch when I raise my left leg over her head as I dismount from the couch to refill my mug, She is, of course, very friendly with every stranger, which miffs me a bit. I have spent 4+ years meeting her on the street and thinking that I was important.
:pup: