stuck
Panoramic Lounger

I always knew salt was a good preservative

Post by stuck »

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: I always knew salt was a good preservative

Post by BobH »

One wonders if their preservation is due to salt or the near indestructibility of plastic.

I wish that as much attention were devoted to removing plastic from use as disposable containers as is given to climate change. It would have a much more meaningful purpose and benefit our globe far more than our rush to eliminate so-called greenhouse gases.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

Graeme
Cosmic Lounger

Post by Graeme »

BobH wrote:
16 May 2023, 19:24
I wish that as much attention were devoted to removing plastic from use as disposable containers as is given to climate change.

Can it be both?

http://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Probably not, Graeme; however paying more attention to removing plastics will have a more immediate and long lasting salubrious effect. I defy anyone to be able to quantify reductions in green house gases directly related to any action whereas it would be done easily in the case of plastics. I'm suggesting merely that we do that whose effects are certain and measurable instead of adopting Don Quixote's tactics.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

Graeme
Cosmic Lounger

Post by Graeme »

Well I get the feeling that to continue this discussion will lead to a transgression of the forum rules and whilst I wholeheartedly disagree with your climate change stance anything I might say or show you will not change your beliefs. In the end it's all down to faith, I choose to have faith in the scientists. Others are unable to do that and there are many results to a search of why that might be. Sorting the plastics would indeed have an immediate effect, curbing green house gasses would slow down climate change but the tangible effects would be slow in coming, the rise in the planet's average temperature would continue but the rate of increase would slow down, there would be a reduced risk of tipping points being reached and our children would have respect for the fact that we tried. We do agree however about the weirdness of people adopting Don Quixote's odd view of the balance between reality and imagination.

I'm sure we agree on many other things too! :smile:

Regards

Graeme

http://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

This topic is now locked.
Best wishes,
Hans