Why I get confused about the weather ...

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Why I get confused about the weather ...

Post by ChrisGreaves »

2023_04_20230410_122526_Burst15.jpg
This was what I stared at while forcing some left-over turkey stew down my throat yesterday lunch time.
No, that's not sneeze-droplets on my smartphone camera lens; it's genuine snow falling on, and covering up, as it does each week, my raised garden beds.
(All you clowns :grin: who, in January, post photos of crocuses and daffodils - are you paying attention?)
Untitled.png
And this is the forecast for today.
There can't be many towns that can boast a temperature numerically equal to the calendar date. Yes, Temple TX; I'm thinking of you!

FWIW this is the first week I've seen of consecutive >0 days since, I think, I was out harvesting pumpkins way back in 2022.

I shall probably celebrate lunch today with a fresh jar of meat sauce with pasta ...

Cheers, Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

DocAElstein
4StarLounger

Why I get confused about the weather? - that's April for you!

Post by DocAElstein »

April is always a bit confusing, weather wise, I can’t brag too much about the first Easter week’s weather here this year, and the second one is starting a bit gloomy as well. Not even pretty snow, just chilly nights, wet, windy days, a bit of sudden short lived sun, deceiving that it's Spring and time to start gardening.
The pretty small yellow things didn’t quite make their debut for the usual Daffodil rich Easter party, nor did the seeds for the miscellaneous wild orange flower things I planned to have start flowering about now.
So I went for a suitably blue look this Easter. As my blue VW bus is away for a few weeks, if not months, I decided to fill the space in my occupied safety zone appropriately. Not much there yet, but some fast growing natural fertilizer lupin "Düngelupinen" things and some “hellblaue Bisamhyazinthen”, whatever they are, should be there to astound the neighbourhood soon, and hopefully annoy the authorities, and give them something to concentrate on, and waste their time on, as part of Spring distraction and deception manoeuvres.
Blue Easter 2023.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I seriously don’t ever try to annoy. Maybe I am just the kid that missed being told about the King’s new magic suit, :(