Season Greetings

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Season Greetings

Post by BobArch2 »

I hope everyone is enjoying the festive season and staying safe. :thumbup: And as an added treat I have a link to your special eCard.
Lawson eCard
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Re: Season Greetings

Post by HansV »

Thank you very much, Bob. Best wishes to you and to all Loungers!
Best wishes,
Hans

Amelia43
StarLounger

Post by Amelia43 »

Delightful card-thank you! I am a great fan of Jacquie Lawson cards- wonderfully innocent and charming.
I have learned something new- that one can link to a card for general distribution in a forum- thank you.

LineLaline
2StarLounger

Post by LineLaline »

All the best, and thank you 💖
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Thank you for the beautiful card, Bob.
May you and your family have a splendid Xmas too.
Season's greetings to all here at Eileen's.
Ho Ho Ho, Meeerry Xmas :xgrin:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks Bob.
I also wish God Jul og godt nytt år to all.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobArch2 wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 20:34
I hope everyone is enjoying the festive season and staying safe. :thumbup: And as an added treat
And a Ho-Ho-Ho to you too, and your Christmas Stocking!
Cheers, Chris :xgrin:
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

Graeme
Cosmic Lounger

Post by Graeme »

Nice card Bob.

And a happy Christmas to all Loungers everywhere!

Regards

Graeme

http://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/

DocAElstein
4StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

Merry Xmas Bob and everyone. Pretty and nice snowy card, - we had some sudden extremely cold but beautiful snowy weather last week, but now its gone rapidly boringly mild wet and windy, - it seems like most of America is sucking in everyone’s pretty snow and coldest weather just now. - Hope American members are keeping safe, and you can give me back some of the snow, and cold weather, as soon as it suits you. (I just finished fixing the bust pipes and have done a better job at insulating them this time, so hopefully I can take it better next time around).

Alan
I seriously don’t ever try to annoy. Maybe I am just the kid that missed being told about the King’s new magic suit, :(

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

DocAElstein wrote:
24 Dec 2022, 09:35
(I just finished fixing the bust pipes and have done a better job at insulating them this time, so hopefully I can take it better next time around).
I was told (the day I took possession February 4th) to leave a tap running all winter, since my cold water supply rises from the ground under the house, and so is exposed to outside temperatures.

The first winter I left a bath tap dribbling, then spent most of spring scouring the bathtub (Lime, iron etc)
The second winter I adjusted the toilet cistern feed, and once a month scoured the toilet pan. Next year I might replace the floor on account of the condensation that dropped from the exterior of the tank with all that 0c water trickling through it 24/7.

For the past two years I have thanked David for installing a plastic tub in the laundry; a short length of hose from the tap trickles cold water into a 2-gallon pail which overflows down the drain. I don't hear the water trickling away (a stiff anxiety for someone growing up in the desert with precious water piped 230 miles from the coast), and I always have a pail of refreshed water in which I can soak blood-stained (or it might be ketchup-stained) clothes before tossing them into the machine.

Cheers, Chris

DocAElstein
4StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

Yeh the dripping water always worked for me in the past. I have an outside toilet and shower I prefer to use even in winter as I don't need to keep that too clean as I do the ones in the main house.... I have a bucket under the dripping shower to catch the dripping water, which sometimes froze a bit, but no problem- water with ice lumps in it in the water heater for my morning coffee works just as well as fluid water so it wasn't wasted.
But I think we had last week something deadly like the USA has just now and even the dripping pipes froze, and some bust. Next time I will need maybe to put a large barrel under it and increase the drip rate...
I seriously don’t ever try to annoy. Maybe I am just the kid that missed being told about the King’s new magic suit, :(

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Festive Greetings to all! :fanfare: :clapping: :thumbup:
(Even Chris Greaves...! :evilgrin: )
John Gray

Venison is quiet deer, and quite dear.

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

images (5).jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

GeoffW wrote:
25 Dec 2022, 00:24
images (5).jpeg
:laugh: :clapping:
Excellent rendition! :xgrin:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

GeoffW wrote:
images (5).jpeg
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: and :laugh: :rofl: :fanfare:

LineLaline
2StarLounger

Post by LineLaline »

GeoffW wrote:
images (5).jpeg
Cuuuuute 😻
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

kdock
5StarLounger

Post by kdock »

Thank you Bob!
Kim
"Hmm. What does this button do?" Said everyone before being ejected from a car, blown up, or deleting all the data from the mainframe.

PJ_in_FL
5StarLounger

Post by PJ_in_FL »

DocAElstein wrote:
24 Dec 2022, 13:25
Yeh the dripping water always worked for me in the past. I have an outside toilet and shower I prefer to use even in winter as I don't need to keep that too clean as I do the ones in the main house.... I have a bucket under the dripping shower to catch the dripping water, which sometimes froze a bit, but no problem- water with ice lumps in it in the water heater for my morning coffee works just as well as fluid water so it wasn't wasted.
But I think we had last week something deadly like the USA has just now and even the dripping pipes froze, and some bust. Next time I will need maybe to put a large barrel under it and increase the drip rate...
Insulation and heat tape with thermostat controls always worked best for me when we had a tri-level house in Kentucky.

The downstairs toilet's pipes were somewhat exposed so I slid a cover and heat tape over them, wired it into a handy junction box and never had another problem.
PJ in (usually sunny) FL

DocAElstein
4StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

Some form of pipe insulation worked mostly for me in England. Things were a bit different when I immigrated to the Fatherland and landed in a Siberian enclave where 6 months of a year we got as standard weather not so dissimilar to what you have now. There were not so many problems though, double glazing has been standard almost as long as they had windows I think, and wood shutters on the windows, with meter thick walls and a deep full cellar, the main house was always cool, even in midsummer, but it stayed like that most the year, just a bit cooler in winter and never froze.
Cold, but mostly calm and pretty.
Climate change has messed that up, making it more often wet and muddy and messy. So I came up with my simple Gym like outside shower and wash room arrangement as a nice way to keep the main house cleaner. Then we got that less common nowadays evil cold spell just recently. Got rid of it after a few days, I was not too careful about where it landed, sorry about that, but I really didn’t need it as I was still tidying some stuff up outside before coming inside for a while over winter.