Something to cheer about!

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Something to cheer about!

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Untitled.png
:hairout: :cheers: :chocciebar: :thewave: :yep: :sing:
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: Something to cheer about!

Post by John Gray »

You're cheering about getting the month and day numbers the wrong way round, and the inscrutable AM/PM time system?
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

John Gray wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2022, 20:18
You're cheering about getting the month and day numbers the wrong way round, and the inscrutable AM/PM time system?
Hi John.
There's someone I'd like you to meet; you two will have a lot to chat about ...

... John, meet BobH; BobH; meet John ... :flee:

(signed) "NOTHING and NOBODY can dampen my Joy tonight" Of Bonavista

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Untitled4.png
After 1,415 consecutive nights sleep here I confess to being amazed that, for all my complaining, Bonavista - nay Newfoundland - lies closer to the equator than does the UK. Bonavista is about the same latitude as Brest, France.
And we all remember our Geography lessons about "the warm gulf stream that ...".

Winter days are shorter in Scotland and Norway, yet Loungers from those most Northerly climes don't use Eileen's Lounge as a griping-board.

So why do I?

Partly because Newfoundlanders have an inferiority complex, and so love to brag about "How much wind we got", "How much we rain we got" and "Newfoundland is all rock, scraped clean of soil by dem glaciers". Yet Mount Washington in New Hampshire has world-record wind gusts, and Prince Rupert BC has more than twice the rain as does Bonavista, and I visited Prince Rupert five times in different seasons. It's not that citizens of Prince Rupert don't carry umbrellas - they don't OWN umbrellas. What's the point when you live in Canada's largest outdoor car-wash facility?

Today was mild, and clear-sky sunny; I enjoyed my walk to Swyers three stores and back, the morning clouded only by the cashiers who pressed me to admit that it was "lovely outside", which rubbed me the wrong way. I wanted to disagree with them because I live in Bonavista.
As do they!

So this will be my last post complaining about the length of nights, length of days, rain, snow, wind, cloud, sunshine, snails, slugs, pineapple cuttings that keeled over and died outside, mice (who keep running off with my sticky-traps), stray cats who scare the bejasus out of me when I surprise them in the shed where they have been patently and patiently waiting for that mouse, folks who purchase bottled water when the rain is fresh off the Atlantic, ...
20221220_121842_Burst22.jpg
And somebody please tell GeoffW - "Surf's Up!"

Cheers, Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

ChrisGreaves wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2022, 21:33
Untitled4.pngAfter 1,415 consecutive nights sleep here I confess to being amazed that, for all my complaining, Bonavista - nay Newfoundland - lies closer to the equator than does the UK. Bonavista is about the same latitude as Brest, France.
And we all remember our Geography lessons about "the warm gulf stream that ...".

Winter days are shorter in Scotland and Norway, yet Loungers from those most Northerly climes don't use Eileen's Lounge as a griping-board.

So why do I?

Partly because Newfoundlanders have an inferiority complex, and so love to brag about "How much wind we got", "How much we rain we got" and "Newfoundland is all rock, scraped clean of soil by dem glaciers". Yet Mount Washington in New Hampshire has world-record wind gusts, and Prince Rupert BC has more than twice the rain as does Bonavista, and I visited Prince Rupert five times in different seasons. It's not that citizens of Prince Rupert don't carry umbrellas - they don't OWN umbrellas. What's the point when you live in Canada's largest outdoor car-wash facility?

Today was mild, and clear-sky sunny; I enjoyed my walk to Swyers three stores and back, the morning clouded only by the cashiers who pressed me to admit that it was "lovely outside", which rubbed me the wrong way. I wanted to disagree with them because I live in Bonavista.
As do they!

So this will be my last post complaining about the length of nights, length of days, rain, snow, wind, cloud, sunshine, snails, slugs, pineapple cuttings that keeled over and died outside, mice (who keep running off with my sticky-traps), stray cats who scare the bejasus out of me when I surprise them in the shed where they have been patently and patiently waiting for that mouse, folks who purchase bottled water when the rain is fresh off the Atlantic, ...
20221220_121842_Burst22.jpg
And somebody please tell GeoffW - "Surf's Up!"

Cheers, Chris
Hi Chris - It looks like you've said it all! And you've already told GeoffW so none of the rest of us have to do that either!

Instead, I'll simply wish that you have a Very Merry Christmas and a Super Happy New Year! :grin:
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

Graeme
Cosmic Lounger

Post by Graeme »

And a very happy Winter Solstice to everybody too!

Regards

Graeme

http://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

Thanks Chris. But I'd still rather have my surf beach than your surf beach, any day.

LineLaline
2StarLounger

Post by LineLaline »

I was staring at the table and thought 'ah, a puzzle, what could this be about...' and then figured it out.
YEAH!
The days are getting longer. How wonderful πŸ’–
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

LineLaline wrote: ↑
21 Dec 2022, 16:56
I was staring at the table and thought 'ah, a puzzle, what could this be about...' and then figured it out.
It always seems to take a fair amount of time to determine what is in Mr Greaves' head! :scratch: :rofl: :fanfare:
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Mr. Greaves,

Thank you for the introduction to Mr. Gray. I'm sure we shall become fast friends sharing our mutual interests in bedevilment.

Best regards,
BobH

Seriously, I think this might feed your Schadenfreude.
weather forecast Dec 21 22.PNG
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

YEAH!
No, the days are just starting to get shorter.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

GeoffW wrote: ↑
21 Dec 2022, 12:56
Thanks Chris. But I'd still rather have my surf beach than your surf beach, any day.
Me too! Well, Geoff, aren't we blessed! We each have our own surf. Although my surf doesn't have a beach as much as a rocky shore.
Still, I'm not complaining.
My view of the surf is always followed a minute or two later by a smile from Deena - Queen-a my heart, and the bella Donna, and if I climb upstairs there's Courtenay to court, and ... :sing:
Cheers, Chris

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

YEAH!
Yabbut! Don't tell GeoffW or he will start whingeing.
Cheers, Chris

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

John Gray wrote: ↑
21 Dec 2022, 18:43
It always seems to take a fair amount of time to determine what is in Mr Greaves' head! :scratch: :rofl: :fanfare:
And that, John, is why I take care to write it down here in the forum to reduce your struggles. :innocent: :flee:
Merry Chrismess John

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote: ↑
21 Dec 2022, 19:02
Seriously, I think this might feed your Schadenfreude.
Ha! We are not afraid of shade up here; it has been with us for a while.
The pellety-snow is wiping my windows clean, and the ice on the driveway means I don't have to go slip-slidin' away to the stores until the warm rain returns.
Cheers, Bob, and a Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year (whatever that is in imperial).
Please rub your nose against every dachshund-freund that you see in the next twenty-four hours, for me.
Chris

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

21 Dec 2022, 19:39
I knew it!
Geoff, maybe you should move to The Centre Of The Known Universe? :grin:
Cheers, Chris

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

stuck wrote: ↑
21 Dec 2022, 18:46
We'll last through the winter
We'll last through the storms
We'll last through the north winds
Hi Ken. I am glad each morning when I wake up. :heavy: :hugs:
Cheers, Chris

LineLaline
2StarLounger

Post by LineLaline »

YEAH!
Oh no... I poked the bear.

LineLaline
2StarLounger

Post by LineLaline »

ChrisGreaves wrote: ↑
21 Dec 2022, 20:40
I knew it!
Geoff, maybe you should move to The Centre Of The Known Universe? :grin:
Cheers, Chris
😹🀣😹