It's mine! No - it's mine!

AlanMiller
BronzeLounger

It's mine! No - it's mine!

Post by AlanMiller »

This clip reminded me of the "no love lost there" story of Aussies and Pommies:

A group of English tourists stood bemused, staring at the invitingly cool waters of the river estuary. They had quickly learned to regard the :australia: bush as a place of extremes, surprises and hidden dangers.

"At last! Some locals we can ask", they thought, as a couple of :aussie:s sauntered along the river bank.
"Excuse me gents", enquired one of the English tourists. "Is there a danger of sharks in this river?"
"Nah mate." replied :aussie:1
"We were thinking of taking a dip. You're sure there are no sharks?"
"Absolutely sure, mate. Ya won't find any sharks in there."

As the :aussie:s continued along the bank, :aussie:2 asked, "Are you sure there aren't any sharks in that river?"
"Bloody oath mate!" replied :aussie:1... :whisper: "The crocs ate all the sharks years ago."

See the video

Alan

Leif
Administrator

Re: It's mine! No - it's mine!

Post by Leif »

You Aussies are brave, I wouldn't stand there posing with my back to the water... :laugh:
Leif

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

AlanMiller wrote:This clip reminded me of the "no love lost there" story of Aussies and Pommies ...
Seein' as how everyone knows the story of my head cover (I think), I had to say: Nice Hat, Mate! Akubra? :aussie:

AlanMiller
BronzeLounger

Post by AlanMiller »

Leif wrote:You Aussies are brave, I wouldn't stand there posing with my back to the water... :laugh:
Bravery is one thing. Life expectancy is another. :grin:

Alan

AlanMiller
BronzeLounger

Post by AlanMiller »

Bigaldoc wrote:
AlanMiller wrote:This clip reminded me of the "no love lost there" story of Aussies and Pommies ...
Seein' as how everyone knows the story of my head cover (I think), I had to say: Nice Hat, Mate! Akubra? :aussie:
Hide unknown, but definitely not Akubra. I got it up in the wilds of Borneo many moons ago. Not that comfy, but mighty tough. Maybe from some leathery old water buffalo?

Alan