Command post!

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Command post!

Post by Skitterbug »

I am making this post because I was told to do so! If I didn't, then the one who pushed me to do this said that he would spew :evilgrin: the details of his recent colonoscopy! :yikes: I'm saving the world from these details! Call me a hero! :rofl:

Hope everyone is having a terrific day. :yep:
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

steveh
SilverLounger

Re: Command post!

Post by steveh »

Your a hero, but ????? :scratch:
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Skitterbug wrote:I am making this post because I was told to do so! If I didn't, then the one who pushed me to do this said that he would spew :evilgrin: the details of his recent colonoscopy! :yikes: I'm saving the world from these details! Call me a hero! :rofl:
BTW, how is Hans?
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

steveh wrote:Your a hero, but ????? :scratch:
As you poiint out, it is questionable! :laugh:

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
Skitterbug wrote:I am making this post because I was told to do so! If I didn't, then the one who pushed me to do this said that he would spew :evilgrin: the details of his recent colonoscopy! :yikes: I'm saving the world from these details! Call me a hero! :rofl:
BTW, how is Hans?
I"m certain that YOU should know! :yep:

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Skitterbug wrote:... said that he would spew the details of his recent colonoscopy!
I don't know how bad THAT could be. Every time I've had one, my back is to the perpetrators so I couldn't "see" anything except the monitor screen. AND, due to the "happy juice" they give ya, I don't remember anything until waking up back in the recovery area. AND all of that suits me just fine! :groan: :blush:

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Since you started this thread, you will be delighted to know that the UK National Health Service aims to improve the diagnosis of bowel cancer using the mechanism called 'flexible sigmoidoscopy'. This is a major step forward (and does not appear to have been named after Freud...).

However, what the article doesn't tell you is that about 12-24 hours prior to the procedure the patient has to drink at regular intervals a truly ghastly white gunge called Kleen-Prepâ„¢, which tastes of fishy vanilla, and whose effect is to clear out the inside of the bowel to enable the lining to be viewed.

And to make the lining even more visible and to enable the sigmoidoscope to more easily travel around corners, air is pumped into the bowel, which, following the completion of the procedure, causes some degree of pain as it escapes in the natural way. If you have had some mild sedation, I would imagine that this might carry across to the walk home.

Or so I'm told...
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

Bigaldoc wrote:
Skitterbug wrote:... said that he would spew the details of his recent colonoscopy!
I don't know how bad THAT could be. Every time I've had one, my back is to the perpetrators so I couldn't "see" anything except the monitor screen. AND, due to the "happy juice" they give ya, I don't remember anything until waking up back in the recovery area. AND all of that suits me just fine! :groan: :blush:
Al! I'm all for the "happy Juice" idea! What flavor is it? :laugh:
Seriously, colonoscopy exploration could save a person's life! That's positive results! :yep:

John! I thougt 'flexible sigmoidoscopy' exams only went so far into the search and not far enough to be totally effective?
None of this sounds like fun but it does seem necessary. :yep:

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Skitterbug wrote:Al! I'm all for the "happy Juice" idea! What flavor is it?
Who knows, certainly not me, for the instant the nurse puts it into that IV, I'm in "La La Land" for awhile.

Funny that one day early this Spring, Billie and I were sitting outside chatting with another resident and his wife. I don't know how the conversation turned to it, but the WIFE was saying that she was scheduled for her colonoscopy. She made me burst out laughing when she said: "I just hope they give me plenty of that 'don't give a s**t' medicine!" I prefer to call it happy juice.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Skitterbug wrote:John! I thought 'flexible sigmoidoscopy' exams only went so far into the search and not far enough to be totally effective? None of this sounds like fun but it does seem necessary. :yep:
You are correct - it examines only the large colon, but that is often where polyps and cancerous areas are located. A full colonoscopy is more thorough and involves going round two corners, so needs considerably more skill on the part of the operator (quite often a Consultant!), and even more stoicism on the part of the patient, who can opt to save the NHS the cost of the mild sedative. :sad:
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Skitterbug wrote:I"m certain that YOU should know!
Oh yeah.
I know everything.
I just checked; there are still too many small twigs on your front lawn ....

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
Skitterbug wrote:I"m certain that YOU should know!
Oh yeah.
I know everything.
I just checked; there are still too many small twigs on your front lawn ....
The next pass with the lawnmower should do them in nicely! :yep: Thanks for bringing this to my attention! :laugh:
Bigaldoc wrote:She made me burst out laughing when she said: "I just hope they give me plenty of that 'don't give a s**t' medicine!" I prefer to call it happy juice.
:thumbup: :laugh:
John Gray wrote: A full colonoscopy is more thorough and involves going round two corners, so needs considerably more skill on the part of the operator (quite often a Consultant!), and even more stoicism on the part of the patient, who can opt to save the NHS the cost of the mild sedative. :sad:
I think I do not possess enough stoicism....I would prefer not to know what is happening! :nope:

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Skitterbug wrote:I would prefer not to know what is happening!
My first one I woke up partway through.
I could see the exploration taking place via the video, and asked the surgeon to turn the monitor so I could see it better.
Scared something awful out of the Proctologist; serves him right.

When I told my friends about it they pointed fingers and said that for years they'd said I had me head up my a*** and now they were proved true.
Nasty rotters.

P.S. Every time you use a smilie you are putting two colons to work.

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

ChrisGreaves wrote: My first one I woke up partway through.
This seems a bit scary! Good thing it wasn't major surgery!
ChrisGreaves wrote:I could see the exploration taking place via the video, and asked the surgeon to turn the monitor so I could see it better.
Scared something awful out of the Proctologist; serves him right.
That will teach him to be more careful!
ChrisGreaves wrote:When I told my friends about it they pointed fingers and said that for years they'd said I had me head up my a*** and now they were proved true.
Nasty rotters.
No comment from me about this one!
ChrisGreaves wrote:P.S. Every time you use a smilie you are putting two colons to work.
:groan: :groan: :groan:

BTW - drinking :coffeetime: helps keep a number of illnesses at bay! :clapping:

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

Skitterbug wrote:Hope everyone is having a terrific day. :yep:
After this thread? :hmmn: :laugh:
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

Argus wrote:
Skitterbug wrote:Hope everyone is having a terrific day. :yep:
After this thread? :hmmn: :laugh:
If after all of this, you got a clean bill of health it would be a terrific day! :yep: So I'm hoping everyone has one - a terrific day that is! :laugh:

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Skitterbug wrote:
It was fascinating. How often does a person get to see inside part of their body, in full-color high-resolution images yet?
Regardless of where it was, it was an opportunity very few of us get, even if by accident.

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
Skitterbug wrote:
It was fascinating. How often does a person get to see inside part of their body, in full-color high-resolution images yet?
Regardless of where it was, it was an opportunity very few of us get, even if by accident.
By lucky, you are just that since this isn't very painful surgery! A colonoscopy could be uncomfortable but not unmanagable by all accounts!

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Not to be braggadocious, but I've watched the screen through several colonoscopy procedures and three different angiography procedures - all being performed on yours truly. These procedures call for mild sedatives - on the order of a couple of glasses of wine equivalency.

One of those angiograms was done without any medication whatever.

I'll never let anyone do that to me again!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Skitterbug wrote:I'm saving the world from these details! Call me a hero!
BobH wrote:Not to be braggadocious, but I've watched the screen through several colonoscopy procedures and three different angiography procedures - all being performed on yours truly. These procedures call for mild sedatives - on the order of a couple of glasses of wine equivalency. One of those angiograms was done without any medication whatever.
Not to be pedantic, but are these the details you were sparing us all from?
And if so, can we call you something else? :scream:
(signed) "Curious" from Toronto.