Wasting my life away with Nina Conti

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Wasting my life away with Nina Conti

Post by ChrisGreaves »

John Gray wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 11:25
Nina Conti played the part of an au pair in a long-running Radio 4 comedy series called Clare in the Community.
So early yesterday evening I was listening I had got as far as Episode 43 or thereabouts and there was a brief scene with someone from OFSTED.

OFSTED?

Quick as a whippet I was off to the search engine and boned up on OFSTED which, it is reported got stuck into Summerhill.
Now, or more accurately, then, my first wife was a top-grade primary school teacher and had a book on Summerhill which (book) I tried to read in 1970, but a new COBOL manual was more attractive (than the book "Summerhill"), so what is a poor guy to do but waddle duckduckgo-like to bone up on Summerhill, where I learn that "The school had a local impact as several teachers were involved in the formation of the Leiston Communist Party", which probably accounts for Clare's leftist leanings.
So far so good.
But then "The A. S. Neill Summerhill Trust was launched in 2004 by Prof. Tim Brighouse, Tom Conti, ..."

There followed a rather sleepless night as my rattled brain tried to hook all this together.

Cheers
Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

jstevens
GoldLounger

Post by jstevens »

Chris,

I’m sure the monkey will provide good company in the garden. Come to think of it Nina shouldn’t be too far away. You may want to serve tea.
Regards,
John

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

jstevens wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 00:25
I’m sure the monkey will provide good company in the garden. Come to think of it Nina shouldn’t be too far away. You may want to serve tea.
Hi John.
"Nina shouldn’t be too far away"
How I wish.
When :heart: Nina Conti :heart: visits Bonavista I shall rent the Garrick Theatre and ask her to do a show for us.
Monkey can help me, behind the shed, with my new compost heap.
Cheers
Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle