Let's get together for another poll!

Have you ever established face-to-face contact with any other member of Eileen's Lounge?

Never
45%
At least once, yes
55%

Total votes: 20

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Let's get together for another poll!

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Argus wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 07:32
Ah, but in reality it's just a tool to run up your post count and prevent people from doing productive work. :evilgrin: :cheers:
Au contraire, cher ami!
I most commonly post a simple question, and then am run off my feet by people who speculate on my true intentions and pester me with contradictory conundrums that, if unanswered, would tarnish my image.
I mean, here I am, 6 a.m., the wind would be howling around the eaves-troughs if this house had eaves-troughs, and I am propped up in bed with my first coffee, struggling to catch up with correspondence while the study/office/first library tries to boost its internal temperature above 15c.
Cheers
Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Let's get together for another poll!

Post by ChrisGreaves »

John Gray wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 08:24
What in Bonavista is called a highway, the rest of the civilised world* calls a cart track! :grin:
Hi John.
Over here we spell civilized with a "z" :evilgrin:

I have asked around, and apart from me, there is no-one within ear-shot(1) who has ever seen a cart.
I must assume that they are still sufficiently common in small offshore islands such as yours.
Patronizingly yours
Chris
(1)I confess that the wind is howling some loud right now. I should, perhaps, have said ear-shout.
C
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle