The Saddest News Of My Life

jaystarter
3StarLounger

Re: The Saddest News Of My Life

Post by jaystarter »

Dear Al
How very sad to hear this news, please accept my sincere condolences. My thoughts are with you and your family and I hope your treasured memories will help you through this time
Jeff

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Dear Al,

Like everyone else I offer my deepest condolences at your loss of your precious Billie.

Make sure you continue to talk about her and share your memories with us all here but more importantly with your family. As you do, the raw emotion of this time will ease and, with your family and friends around you, you will move on to a new phase where although she is gone she will always be with you.

Regards,

Ken

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Post by VegasNath »

Big Al,
I have read your news with a tear in my eye. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.
May Billie rest in peace.
Take care Big Fella'
Nathan
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....

garbsmj
4StarLounger

Post by garbsmj »

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Al.

I hope going to the store helps. Maybe this is too late but going with someone helps more.

Let us know if there's anything we can do...
When one cat leaves, another mysteriously shows up.

tomyrush
2StarLounger

Post by tomyrush »

I am so sorry

Tom

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

Al, it was with a heavy heart that I read your news of Billie's passing. What you and she shared was rare and inspirational. Please accept my condolences.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

aekyall
4StarLounger

Post by aekyall »

Al,
My sincere condolences to you and your family. Like others here in the Lounge, and over in the other place over the past few years, I've followed your posts about Billie with much interest. Way back I logged in to your website, read the stories and looked at the pictures and felt I'd got to know her a little. My thoughts are with you.
Regards,
Keith

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Hello Al,

Your Billie will be greatly missed by all who knew her but by none so much as you and your son. Take comfort in the knowledge of the love you gave her and the Love given to all of us by our Savior. Grieve. Remember. Hold her memory dear and cherish it. You will get through this and we will all be here to help in any way we can.

God Bless You and Your Family!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

StoneChucker
StarLounger

Post by StoneChucker »

Al,

My immediate thoughts upon reading the title of this thread were 'Oh no!'. I am saddened to read that Billie has passed.

May you take comfort in the time and memories you shared with Billie, and continue to share them with your friends and family.

Graeme
Cosmic Lounger

Post by Graeme »

Deepest condolences Big Al.

Take care.

Regards

Graeme

http://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/

aardvark
Lounger

Post by aardvark »

Al,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this trying time. May the good Lord give you the needed strength to endure.

Bill Kessinger

Bowlie
5StarLounger

Post by Bowlie »

Al,
My condolences. From your posts it was clear to me how much you loved your Billie. Thinking of you ...

Reimer
3StarLounger

Post by Reimer »

Al,

I am so sorry for your loss. I do not even want to try to imagine your grief.
Please know that you and Albert are in the prayers of many people.
Chuck Reimer
(I'm from the Government and I'm here to help) ;-)

Doc Watson
4StarLounger

Post by Doc Watson »

Al,

My deepest condolences to you, your son and his family. Your love for Billie showed in everything you did. I wish you strength and the comfort of friends in this difficult time.

~Doc
If life gives you melons,
You may be dyslexic.

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

Al,

I can only join the rest of us in sending my deepest condolences for your loss. I can't imagine what you must been feeling now.

Take care of yourself.

John
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Bigaldoc wrote:Billie Jo Locker Hoffman
1934 - 2010

My beloved Billie, wife, partner, and friend for almost 48 years, and mother of our only son Albert, has passed away early this morning! God has taken her to her eternal Heavenly reward and we will miss her love and presence forever forward!

Our Hospice of the Bluegrass team kept her as comfortable and pain free as possible and Albert and I sat by her side as much as we could during her final time on earth.

Please pray with us that Billie will now experience comfort with the angels, be able to "cook, read books, befriend, sew and comfort" others in her new Heavenly home. She is, and was, a unique "Southern lady" who knew not an enemy in the world.

I will love and cherish her ALWAYS and I will hopefully join her in the future!

Big Al
Dear Al,
I'm so sorry that your beloved help mate and wife has departed this life. At least you had her for a long time and where able to be by her side when the time came for her to go home.

It's better to have loved and lost a loved one, then to never have loved at all. At least you now have memories that will never die.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Gloria E wrote:... It's better to have loved and lost a loved one, then to never have loved at all. At least you now have memories that will never die...
Excellent quote, Gloria and thank you for your kindness!

DollyP
Lounger

Post by DollyP »

So sorry to hear your news Al. May God's love be with you and your family at this time.

David

rettingr
StarLounger

Post by rettingr »

Al,

Great sorrow, but great memories. And 48 years! For a little cheer up... that's longer than I have been alive! By a little anyway. Sounds like a great run that will never end in the hearts and minds of you and your son. I would say it will be sad to have the stories of your dear wife end, but I doubt they will (and hope not)!

Take care of yourself and those close to you. Keep the peace in your heart as it will be your most important spirit.
Randy

Catz
StarLounger

Post by Catz »

Sorry to hear about your pain and loss Doc.
I know what its like to loose a spouse.
Lost mine in 82 to the big C.