The things you can learn from the Internet!

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

The things you can learn from the Internet!

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Toronto Star

The trailer was holding a hot asphalt mixture. “It tends to bind itself to roadways and that’s what’s making cleanup difficult,” Williamson said.
He who plants a seed, plants life.

johbot
2StarLounger

Re: The things you can learn from the Internet!

Post by johbot »

Cant they just spread it out? (i'll admit that I didn't read the article)

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

johbot wrote:Cant they just spread it out? (i'll admit that I didn't read the article)
Er, no.
What struck me as odd is that the officials were surprised that hot tar sticks to asphalt - as in, that's what it is supposed to do; it's why they cart hot tar around in, er, carts.
He who plants a seed, plants life.

rettingr
StarLounger

Post by rettingr »

Reminds me of a spot of street here where I live where a cement truck made a minor spill. For some reason it was never cleaned up very well and I assume they expected it would just harden and break off the asphalt street at some later date. 7 years later, there are still bumps in the street where the concrete refuses to be worn down by the incredible amount of daily traffic running over it... You would think someone would have gotten the idea to go remove it by grinding or something at some point in time. I can just imagine the amount of tire damage or wear those chunks have caused over time. I am sure in a few more years, they will just end up pouring new paving over it.
Randy