This ring any bells?

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

This ring any bells?

Post by jonwallace »

This ring any bells?
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

StuartR
Administrator

Re: This ring any bells?

Post by StuartR »

Sadly, yes.
Have you met my family and friends?
StuartR

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

This one explains it all.

Ken

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

A, eh, relative called me during Christmas one year, he wanted to reinstall Windows, but couldn't format the drive (from within Windows, with the OS running...) so he had started to delete all kind of things in the hope that eventually the OS should understand that it was broken, and allow him to format the drive. :laugh:
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

The recovery option detailed here resulted from giving a user (who was taking over a PC and job from a deserter) the advice "if a file is not yours just delete it..." She took me too literally :hairout: and I've never given such brief, yet sweeping advice again... (so far, maybe on my last day... :evilgrin: )
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

jonwallace wrote:This ring any bells?
Thanks for the hearty laugh :clapping:
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Man! Does it EVER!

Back in the early days of PCs ('85 or so), I set up a help desk for my company. We had one guy who knew anything at all about DOS, but we didn't let that stop us. <g> We had one Typhoid Mary user. Every time she screwed up a file - which was frequently - she'd put in a call about something else then blame the lost file on my help desk guy. The problem was that she was the AA to the president of the company who refused to learn even how to turn a PC on (this from a CPA). I finally had to tell him that the problem was what we have come to call an ID-10-T user problem. We had records of about a dozen times that it happened. Had I not intervened (I was an SVP for IT), she would never have been held to account.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs