Crows

Goshute
3StarLounger

Crows

Post by Goshute »

:hmmn:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =106826971" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Goshute
I float in liquid gardens

HansV
Administrator

Re: Crows

Post by HansV »

I'm definitely not able to recognize individual crows...
Best wishes,
Hans

geedeearr
StarLounger

Post by geedeearr »

Here's a talk on the intelligence of crows from TED
Really amazing birds!
gary

Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music. - George Carlin                    Image

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

geedeearr wrote:Here's a talk on the intelligence of crows
I watched that some time ago - amazing and fascinating!
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

HansV wrote:
geedeearr wrote:Here's a talk on the intelligence of crows
I watched that some time ago - amazing and fascinating!
On the same subject, Crows.
The National Park Service which runs the Cape Cod National Seashore area here, has decided to hire someone to SHOOT the crows on the beaches in order to protect the nest sites of the Piping Plover. ( a protected endangered species ) Talk about selective breeding!
A few years ago, they decided to POISON the seagulls out on Morris Island, to protect the same birds. Only problems was, the poison was too slow to act on the gulls and they didn't expire till a few hours later and then they started to fall out of the sky all over the town of Chatham, much to the dismay of the visiting tourists.
I think it should be a case of letting nature take it's course without human interference here but the Park Rangers aren't buying that scenario.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Goshute
3StarLounger

Post by Goshute »

viking33 wrote:The National Park Service which runs the Cape Cod National Seashore area here, has decided to hire someone to SHOOT the crows on the beaches in order to protect the nest sites of the Piping Plover.
Tell the shooters to wear caveman masks then! :laugh:
Goshute
I float in liquid gardens

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

geedeearr wrote:Here's a talk on the intelligence of crows from TED
Really amazing birds!
That talk on the intelligence of crows was my introduction to TED, and I've been hooked ever since. I rarely take advantage of a full one-hour lunch break at work, but I will often take 20 minutes to eat my lunch while watching a TED talk. And at home I have subscribed to the podcast so I can download talks and watch them on my iPod when I find myself without a book and a little time to kill.
Samantha

geedeearr
StarLounger

Post by geedeearr »

Samantha wrote: That talk on the intelligence of crows was my introduction to TED,....
Quite a coincidence then. That was also my introduction to TED as well! :thumbup:
I'm going to have to do the podcast thing as well since I can't seem to find enough "normal" time to watch, but I know I do have "abnormal" times; i.e. during tire/oil changes, any doctors' office visit, etc.
gary

Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music. - George Carlin                    Image