Problems Jezza probably has to cope with

tomyrush
2StarLounger

Problems Jezza probably has to cope with

Post by tomyrush »

http://www.kcci.com/weather/23077072/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hail storm with pictures of red welts all over runner's bodies

Tom

HansV
Administrator

Re: Problems Jezza probably has to cope with

Post by HansV »

Wow, that must have been very painful!
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I was walking in the Peak District at the weekend and we had lots of hail, but nothing like that! What an awful experience.
StuartR

Jezza
5StarLounger

Post by Jezza »

Wow that is horrific... poor people.

I have only ever been caught in a hail storm twice but never with this severity but it saw my friend and I running to the shelter of a woodland [stupidly]. As the hail came down we actually wedged ourselves into a coppiced willow growth to protect ourselves whilst lightning speared sibling cloud formations

In February this year I got caught in a ice/wet storm when out on a 24 mile training run, thankfully I had the right equipment and it was short, Mrs J commmented that my eyes were red afterwards.

I suppose I will be unpopular to say that if you are going to trail run and be out for a long time then you should check the weather for your region before leaving and take the necessary equipment
Jerry
I’ll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there’s evidence of any thinking going on inside it