Strange sight

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: Strange sight

Post by John Gray »

mishmish3000 wrote:maybe Chris is really a Bigfoot!!!
:evilgrin: No, not foot... :flee:
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

Rudi wrote:Its not prohibited....its strictly enforced. So you must travel at this speed or greater, but NOT less.
I have a similar type of problem when I'm shopping. The car park has a sign "parking- strictly two hours". So when I finish my shopping in half an hour, I have to sit around for another hour and a half.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Having spent my first 50 years in North Carolina and several years subsequently in Florida AND having traveled extensively throughout The South (you MUST say it with awe and reverence!), I can assure all and sundry that the type of tree trimming in Chris' pic is fairly common. I have seen it so many times that I had trouble deciphering what Chris was depicting.

Then Rudi sharpened the image for us and I said, hmmm! Would 'a thought the location was Georgia, not Florida. :flee:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

mishmish3000
PlatinumLounger

Post by mishmish3000 »

Yup, same here with the weird tree trimming. When the county comes along and bush hogs, they do some terrible things to trees along the county roads. I can understand some of it for maintaining phone lines and electric lines, but sometimes they just outdo themselves. Plus they trample our mail box about every other mowing/ bush hogging.
Anne

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

:laugh: That explains him heading up the Cooking Forum, and his love for berries.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

GeoffW wrote:
Rudi wrote:Its not prohibited....its strictly enforced. So you must travel at this speed or greater, but NOT less.
I have a similar type of problem when I'm shopping. The car park has a sign "parking- strictly two hours". So when I finish my shopping in half an hour, I have to sit around for another hour and a half.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Regards,
Rudi

Claude
cheese lizard

Post by Claude »

GeoffW wrote:I have a similar type of problem when I'm shopping. The car park has a sign "parking- strictly two hours". So when I finish my shopping in half an hour, I have to sit around for another hour and a half.
This is the main reason I'm so frustrated with daylight saving: Twice a year, I'm being asked to change the clocks 1 hour before going to bed. They don't care how tired I am on the given day, I change the clocks and then have to wait an hour to go to bed :evilgrin:
Cheers, Claude.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Some more visuals of the HOT 90 degree trimmings...

2014-02-25_07h57_26.jpg
2014-02-25_07h57_45.jpg
[/size]

And I cannot make out if this one has been trimmed or if the tree is just hungry and about to consume some copper...

2014-02-25_07h58_33.jpg
[/size]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Rudi wrote:
:laugh: That explains him heading up the Cooking Forum, and his love for berries.
That would be ab arborration :rofl:
He who plants a seed, plants life.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

ChrisGreaves wrote:... Spotted this today on Florida highway 331 ...
FWIW (not much, I know) I read the Dec 2nd edition of MacLeans magazine in the Doctor's waiting room earlier this week:
0303141202-00.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
He who plants a seed, plants life.