A great Easter to all

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

A great Easter to all

Post by GeoffW »

I hope Easter is good to you all.

This picture is "sort of" Easter related. It comes from WWII- and it's related to Easter because it was shot in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, according to some traditions, the spot where Jesus rose from the dead.

The soldiers are Australian; the one standing is my uncle. He was still armed because he was still on duty.

My grandmother, while her son was in the war, had no knowledge of where he was at all. One day, she was walking through the town, and came across this picture of her son. (The original is perhaps 1.5m, or 1.5 yards, wide). It was the first information she had had for quite some time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: A great Easter to all

Post by HansV »

Fascinating picture - thanks for sharing!
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Yeahhh! That's an amazing heirloom. Do you or someone in your family have the large sized one you mentioned or just smaller reproductions like you showed here? What a family treasure.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

GeoffW wrote:I hope Easter is good to you all.
Thanks for the wishes Geoff. I'd like to add to this thread and wish all a safe and happy easter holiday. May it be spent with family and friends in the spirit and love of its origins.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

Thank you for sharing this very interesting picture, Geoff. Also thank you for the Easter wish. I'd like to return this wish to you and everyone in Eileen's Lounge! Have a Happy and very Blessed Easter! :yep:
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.