A Spammer's Society ???

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Re: A Spammer's Society ???

Post by Hey Jude »

DaveA wrote: I need to get my 8 foot blackberry plants as they are about to be sold out. By the way Blackberries grow wild here is the Seattle area and sometimes are worst that weeds. :grin:
I have tasted those lusciously sumptuous blackberries Dave. On our way back from Astoria several years ago, we came up through Olympia (saw that dressed mannequin up in that upstairs window :evilgrin: and stopped at a wayside area to have lunch. Uncle took us over to the best wild blackberry patch I have ever had the occasion to pick. I know none of mine made it into the communal container for shortcake dessert, but I must admit that the decadent juices I swallowed were forevermore one of the top highlights of that trip. Thanks for the memories :chocciebar:

BTW My ISP must do a great filtering job as well. I haven't had any for the past 6 months since switching; however my Yahoo spam folder is always full on a daily basis but they are auto deleted.
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Hey Jude wrote:... however my Yahoo spam folder is always full on a daily basis but they are auto deleted.
Hmmm, now there's an interesting point I'll have to look into sometime. I have four email accounts, including Yahoo and Gmail which I rarely use (see my Lounge sig). I have all four accounts setup as POP and use my local MailWasher Pro to check them for new mail. I don't remember EVER getting any spam at either Yahoo or Gmail, so maybe they ARE filtering it automatically. I think I'll check the two online sometime rather than MailWasher to see what I can see...

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

Bigaldoc wrote:
Hey Jude wrote:... however my Yahoo spam folder is always full on a daily basis but they are auto deleted.
Hmmm, now there's an interesting point I'll have to look into sometime. I don't remember EVER getting any spam at either Yahoo or Gmail, so maybe they ARE filtering it automatically. I think I'll check the two online sometime rather than MailWasher to see what I can see...
Check your mail options as I have my Yahoo spam set to immediately send suspected spam to folder and delete once a 1 week; there are options to delete immediately, every 2 weeks and once a month. I like checking them because periodically my mother's "good" mail gets in there since she sends tons of forwards which are nothing more than spam. Every once-in-a-while a relevant one ends up there, because she has short-term memory issues so forgets which email to use (I have 4 as well as my anonymous throw-away for online purchases). I am thankful I hear from her at all these days though via e-mail. I've tried to get her to use email stripper which I like alot but she can't remember the copy/paste function so we all just live with it. It's a minor nuisance. She used to be notorious for responding to anyone who send her a link which "Snopes" deemed FALSE but now it's the opposite. :flee: She loves sending e-cards but uses outdated addresses and then complains within the first 10 minutes if someone hasn't picked-up their card. I smile and think to myself how life cycles reverse as we age. My 5 yr old granddaughter has some of the same patience issues :scratch: They want what they want NOW!

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

stuck wrote:apologies for absence etc..?
Mainly apologies.
About 7 billion of them.
Per hour.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Charlotte
Her Majesty

Post by Charlotte »

MickeyMouse wrote:Hi Dave, if you need to get rid of some of those Blackberry plants I will be glad to offer to take some of them, I love Blackberries!
I enjoy eating blackberries, but they are about as friendly as bamboo in a yard! My son fought both in the house he had for several years. The berries nearly took over the yard and the bamboo came over from the neighbors to help!! :hairout:
Charlotte

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

Charlotte wrote:
I enjoy eating blackberries, but they are about as friendly as bamboo in a yard! My son fought both in the house he had for several years. The berries nearly took over the yard and the bamboo came over from the neighbors to help!! :hairout:
Our former neighbor had wild black raspberries that took over her yard and trailed into ours, but I didn't mind because it was a fight between us and the birds who got to them first :rofl: Now she is dearly departed and the berries are no more (sigh)

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

DaveA wrote:I need to get my 8 foot blackberry plants as they are about to be sold out. By the way Blackberries grow wild here is the Seattle area and sometimes are worst that weeds. :grin:

Err... :innocent: if you look more closely at the subject of the message offering you these plants they are not trying to sell you blackberries but BLUEberries. Over this side of the pond these are two very different plants.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackberry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blueberry
The latter aren't nasty invasive, thorny plants.

Ken

Charlotte
Her Majesty

Post by Charlotte »

stuck wrote:Err... :innocent: if you look more closely at the subject of the message offering you these plants they are not trying to sell you blackberries but BLUEberries. Over this side of the pond these are two very different plants.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackberry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blueberry
The latter aren't nasty invasive, thorny plants.

Ken
True, but Dave's post specifically said blackberries and that's what I was repsonding to. :smile:
Charlotte

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Yes, I have had junk mail for both.
Today I had 41 junk emails, any where from Testing my age to trips to Cancun. No enhancements or implants, but the car dealers are getting into it ans so are the Water jets.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

Charlotte wrote:True, but Dave's post specifically said blackberries and that's what I was repsonding to. :smile:
Personally, I prefer iPhones to blackberries anyway.

I'm not sure though which is more invasive.

Charlotte
Her Majesty

Post by Charlotte »

GeoffW wrote: Personally, I prefer iPhones to blackberries anyway.

I'm not sure though which is more invasive.
I've never tried an iPhone. Is it apple-flavored? :innocent:
Charlotte