Kentucky Bald Eagles

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Kentucky Bald Eagles

Post by Bigaldoc »

I love "nature" stories that are right in my own back yard! This story in our local paper about a resurgence of sorts of bald eagles in Kentucky. The link below the picture (in the story) will lead to more pics from a local lake (reservoir).

Bald eagle spotted at Lakeside Golf Course
2010-03-10_160421.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Re: Kentucky Bald Eagles

Post by Skitterbug »

Bigaldoc wrote:I love "nature" stories that are right in my own back yard! This story in our local paper about a resurgence of sorts of bald eagles in Kentucky. The link below the picture (in the story) will lead to more pics from a local lake (reservoir).
        Bald eagle spotted at Lakeside Golf Course
2010-03-10_160421.jpg
Hubby and I enjoy watching birds and delight when we spot one we haven't seen in our area before. One of these days, it is our hope to be able to look up and see a magnificent eagle! That'd be awesome! :yep: Apparently they are also making a comeback in our state. :clapping:
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Bigaldoc wrote:I love "nature" stories that are right in my own back yard! This story in our local paper about a resurgence of sorts of bald eagles in Kentucky. The link below the picture (in the story) will lead to more pics from a local lake (reservoir).
Cape Cod Bald Eagle?
Capture3-14-2010-5.00.41 PM.jpg
Last edited by HansV on 14 Mar 2010, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to add missing /quote tag
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Who won? :evilgrin:
Best wishes,
Hans

steveh
SilverLounger

Post by steveh »

HansV wrote:Who won? :evilgrin:
Guess?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

pi-eater
Lounger

Post by pi-eater »

No question who would win there. Several years ago, we had one of the local bald eagles flying low over our place checking out our cocker spaniel as a possible meal. We made sure we kept him inside more. Absolutely awesome birds. Another one is the golden eagle. Saw one swoop down and pick up a hare. Incredible. My brother is into falconry and knows some guys who fly eagles. You do NOT want to be on the receiving ends of their talons!

jstevens
GoldLounger

Post by jstevens »

I was in Yellowstone National Park fly fishing at sunrise when a Golden Eagle came swooping down over the river looking for breakfast. What a magnificant bird; it could have easily picked up a small animal or child.

Now I know what your thinking, "The early bird gets the worm". Well in my case I did not catch any worms nor fish. My catch was the spectacular sunrise and a moment to treasure.

Regards,
John
Regards,
John