Post by Hey Jude »

If you want to see barn owls nesting with a live webcam then here they are

http://watch.birds.cornell.edu/nestcams ... m_20100201
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: Barn owl nest cams

Post by viking33 »

Hey Jude wrote:If you want to see barn owls nesting with a live webcam then here they are

Just wait another month or so when the Ospreys return. You wouldn't believe how many Osprey fans there are in the Lounge! :evilgrin: :innocent:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

viking33 wrote: Just wait another month or so when the Ospreys return. You wouldn't believe how many Osprey fans there are in the Lounge! :evilgrin: :innocent:
I'm a huge fan of them as well :clapping: How about eagles? http://www.turtlebay.org/eaglecam

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

viking33 wrote:
Hey Jude wrote:If you want to see barn owls nesting with a live webcam then here they are

Just wait another month or so when the Ospreys return. You wouldn't believe how many Osprey fans there are in the Lounge! :evilgrin: :innocent:
I am eagerly awaiting a favorite website to have their Osprey return and in the family way! Yes, I think they are interesting to watch!
:whisper: I don't believe their cam is working currently. :nope: :smile:
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Skitterbug wrote:
viking33 wrote:

I am eagerly awaiting a favorite website to have their Osprey return and in the family way! Yes, I think they are interesting to watch!
:whisper: I don't believe their cam is working currently. :nope: :smile:
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute Osprey Cam has had "funding" problems the last few years. It was on, then off again and again. They couldn't even fund someone to go up and clean the camera lens last year, so who knows what this will bring?
A more reliable and clearer cam is at the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History ( yes, I'm prejudiced, since I work there ) will be at http://www.ccmnh.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; when the camera is cleaned up and repositioned in a few weeks. The birds usually return around mid-March.
Watch this space for later news! :chatter:
BOB

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

viking33 wrote:Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute Osprey Cam has had "funding" problems the last few years. It was on, then off again and again. They couldn't even fund someone to go up and clean the camera lens last year, so who knows what this will bring?
That's a darn shame. I don't know anything about their "funding" but that camera was enjoyed by a number of addicted Loungers... :flee:
viking33 wrote:A more reliable and clearer cam is at the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History ( yes, I'm prejudiced, since I work there ) will be at http://www.ccmnh.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; when the camera is cleaned up and repositioned in a few weeks. The birds usually return around mid-March. Watch this space for later news!
Please do keep us informed, Bob and thanks for the info!

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

viking33 wrote: Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute Osprey Cam has had "funding" problems the last few years. It was on, then off again and again. They couldn't even fund someone to go up and clean the camera lens last year, so who knows what this will bring?
A more reliable and clearer cam is at the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History ( yes, I'm prejudiced, since I work there ) will be at http://www.ccmnh.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; when the camera is cleaned up and repositioned in a few weeks. The birds usually return around mid-March.
What a wonderful website!!! I just added my email address so I'll be in the "know." I also just became a fan on Facebook. woohoooo!!! I also was reminded of the blue heron on the signage Image If you get a chance to visit here it is soooo wonderful!!! I have some very happy memories!!

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

viking33 wrote:Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute Osprey Cam has had "funding" problems the last few years. It was on, then off again and again. They couldn't even fund someone to go up and clean the camera lens last year, so who knows what this will bring?
Thanks Bob for sharing the news about Woods Hole which is sad news indeed - and your link to Cape Cod Museum of Natural History! Since you work there, no wonder it looks like a great place to visit! :grin:
You be sure to keep that web cam clean then - okay? :rofl:
:whisper: :sorry: I couldn't resist! :grin: :thumbup:

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Skitterbug wrote:
Thanks Bob for sharing the news about Woods Hole which is sad news indeed - and your link to Cape Cod Museum of Natural History! Since you work there, no wonder it looks like a great place to visit! :grin:
You be sure to keep that web cam clean then - okay? :rofl:
:whisper: :sorry: I couldn't resist! :grin: :thumbup:
Skitterbug and Hey Jude,
Thanks for the nice words! It IS a very nice place to work and to be associated with many very knowledgeable and highly degreed people who give a lot of their time to the museum.
So far as the lens cleaning, it reminds me of two years ago when the Spring setup was being done by an outside installation team out in the marsh. All was just about completed and I was in the IT room checking the monitor, when it was noticed that there was a small smear on the upper corner of the lens. We had radio contact with the team and told the young man of the spot, asking him to clean it off. I guess he wasn't expecting to get a request like that and all he had was his handkerchief to try the cleaning. So here he was with us telling him no, a little more to the right side , etc. His right side was our left side on the monitor, so it took awhile to get that coordinated. This years setup day is thankfully on my day off.
BOB

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

"Osprey nest is getting ready for the OspreyCam"....saw it on my facebook pages....

check it out if you have facebook...search for Cape Cod Museum of Natural History and become a fan~!

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Hey Jude wrote:"Osprey nest is getting ready for the OspreyCam"....saw it on my facebook pages....

check it out if you have facebook...search for Cape Cod Museum of Natural History and become a fan~!
They are out there "doing their thing" with the Cam setup. Shouldn't be long.

Did you notice the side bar notice of video clips and the rather strange positioning of the listings? ( it didn't really happen the way it sounds ) :rofl:
Capture3-6-2010-7.53.38 PM.jpg
Items 1 & 3 are OK but the 5th? :laugh:
BOB

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

viking33 wrote: They are out there "doing their thing" with the Cam setup. Shouldn't be long.

Did you notice the side bar notice of video clips and the rather strange positioning of the listings? ( it didn't really happen the way it sounds ) :rofl:

Items 1 & 3 are OK but the 5th? :laugh:
I hoped it referenced a benefit dinner to support the webcam or supporters coming together to revel in new life :grin:

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

viking33 wrote:
viking33 wrote:A more reliable and clearer cam is at the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History ( yes, I'm prejudiced, since I work there ) will be at http://www.ccmnh.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; when the camera is cleaned up and repositioned in a few weeks. The birds usually return around mid-March.
AS promised, both Ospreys are back and hard at work refurbishing the nest after the winter damage.
Capture4-3-2010-2.22.03 PM.jpg
BOB

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Well, one is working ( mama ) and the other is supervising. ( papa )
BOB

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

viking33 wrote:Well, one is working ( mama ) and the other is supervising. ( papa )
Sounds typical to me! :laugh:
I just took a look since you've caught a nice pic of the pair of them. There is one sitting on the roost currently, enjoying the sunshine. The mate is probably fishing! Thanks for the update! :yep: