sorry about this one...

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: sorry about this one...

Post by ChrisGreaves »

John Gray wrote: โ†‘
25 Nov 2022, 19:09
I suspect that it is the vent from a Roman hypocaust, the original under-floor heating.
John, not even the Romans were dull enough to put a vent from a Roman hypocaust, the original under-floor heating, on the second floor of a 14th-century building.
I mean!
Cheers, Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

Does this resolve the reflection issue?

IMG_0289.jpg

I do like this photo. It see it as an excellent Christmas card cover without being 'in your face' about it. You should consider submitting it, along with many of your other works, to a stock photo agency.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Finally see it after the advice to look directly above it. I think what fooled me is that there seem to be flat pavers in a row; so I didn't expect a puddle to reflect the image.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+โˆš5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

LineLaline
2StarLounger

Post by LineLaline »

stuck wrote: โ†‘
25 Nov 2022, 17:31
Not bad given you are working on the 256 KB Lounge upload limit version of the >10 MB JPEG file that comes straight out of my camera.
I had fun with it ๐Ÿ˜Š
Do you shoot in JPEG or raw/DNG/whatever, or both?
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Graeme
Cosmic Lounger

Post by Graeme »

stuck wrote: โ†‘
25 Nov 2022, 11:55
The shot I was after was this one.

That's really quaint and picturesque!

The reflection of the window in the puddle looks weirdly anachronistic, like an air conditioning grill, or maybe a glitch in the holodeck imaging scanners.

Regards

Graeme

http://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

PaulB wrote: โ†‘
25 Nov 2022, 21:02
...You should consider submitting it, along with many of your other works, to a stock photo agency.
I appreciate your appreciation but I have no interest in selling my images, at least not unless someone absolutely insists they pay me for a print (only happened once).
LineLaline wrote: โ†‘
25 Nov 2022, 23:40
Do you shoot in JPEG or raw/DNG/whatever, or both?
My camera records both a RAW (Canon .CR3 format) and a JPEG file. For post-processing I have DxO PhotoLab and Affinity Photo. The end result of any post-processing is a 16 bit uncompressed TIFF. If I want to print anything I invariably do that from the TIFF using an ancient version of Photoshop. I stitch panoramas using either MS Image Composite Editor or Affinity Photo. To upload to The Lounge I reduce the many MB TIFF to the 256 KB Lounge limit using the RIOT plugin in IrfanView.
Graeme wrote: โ†‘
26 Nov 2022, 09:33
...or maybe a glitch in the holodeck imaging scanners.
:laugh:

Ken