Can you get out of this room?

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Can you get out of this room?

Post by Hey Jude »

http://whatsyourview.net/challenge/

My problem is, I can't view the objects that are picked up on my 7 laptop. I installed Adblock Plus on XP desktop and fixed the settings so I can play on there, but no matter what I try to change, I can hear the objects but can't see them. I was helping someone with some hints and now can't play it on here. If you look at the initial screen you see the shaded bar at the bottom where the objects should show up once gathered. This bar goes away when I click New Game of Continue so any ideas? I have even disabled ABP but I don't think I was ever able to play on this laptop so need to figure out how to set it so I can.

I also posted this on WSL
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

HansV
Administrator

Re: Can you get out of this room?

Post by HansV »

It's a Flash game - do you have the latest version of Adobe Flash? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Flash?
Best wishes,
Hans

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

HansV wrote:It's a Flash game - do you have the latest version of Adobe Flash? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Flash?
I have Adobe flash but will uninstall and re-install and post back :grin:

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

HansV wrote:It's a Flash game - do you have the latest version of Adobe Flash? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Flash?
I found 2 Adobe Flash as well as Adobe Flash Shockwave so uninstalled Adobe Flash and went to download http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/thanky ... nstalled=1 but it doesn't give me the run or save file box. hmmmmm Now what? I clicked on Troubleshooting links so am looking at that (I didn't restart my computer so BRB)

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Go to Troubleshoot Flash Player installation for Windows and click the link "click here to download".
x40.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

Thank you; after all that, yes Adobe Flash is installed, the game screen opens and the shaded bar goes away and I can still see the objects, pick them up, but they are nowhere to be found to use them for solving the puzzle. So now what? I verified AFP was properly installed and even tried IE8 and it does the same thing. It also tells me AFP is installed correctly for IE8.

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

The download link that you posted worked perfectly. I'm still not real familiar with Win 7 so still figuring out where all the settings are like in XP so I can't help but wonder what else isn't set properly.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Hmm... if you had Windows XP the next step would be to reduce the hardware acceleration of the video card, but that's not available in Windows 7. I'm afraid I don't know what to do now - I hope that someone else will come up with a useful suggestion.
Best wishes,
Hans

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

HansV wrote:Hmm... if you had Windows XP the next step would be to reduce the hardware acceleration of the video card, but that's not available in Windows 7. I'm afraid I don't know what to do now - I hope that someone else will come up with a useful suggestion.
It's rather frustrating as I have major back issues so sitting at the desktop creates undue pressures which can't be tolerated for very long. It works on my XP so I even uninstalled Adblock Plus and rebooted so thanks for your suggestions :cheers: Next I will try Chrome to see if it works on there.

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

HansV wrote:Hmm... if you had Windows XP the next step would be to reduce the hardware acceleration of the video card, but that's not available in Windows 7. I'm afraid I don't know what to do now - I hope that someone else will come up with a useful suggestion.
Ok, I just installed Chrome browser and the game works fine on that. So I will uninstall the add-ons for FF and see if that helps. But for now, I can play it on Chrome soooo that's great!!! Thanks so much for your help Hans :chocciebar: :cheers: :wine:

It is fixed!!! I got rid of NoSquint and now it plays perfectly soooo when all else fails, abort the add-ons. I will try Adblock Plus again now whewieeeeee!~!~!

:wine: :claude:
Last edited by Hey Jude on 26 Feb 2010, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Glad you have at least a workaround!
Best wishes,
Hans

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

HansV wrote:Glad you have at least a workaround!
Yeppp it works on FF and Chrome now :clapping: :fanfare: