Where Can I Find Information about my MOBO?

BobH
UraniumLounger

Where Can I Find Information about my MOBO?

Post by BobH »

First, let me thank the Admins and all the members here. I've only been here a short while but have benefitted greatly from the community.

I have a Dell Dimension D4700 P4. It has a new case, new power supply, new graphics card, new hard drives, new fans, and a full complement of RAM (makes one wonder why I didn't just buy a new PC, doesn't it? :scratch: ); and now I want to know more about the topography of the motherboard. Does anyone know of resources where I might find illustrations and definitions of the various components of this mobo? I've been to the Dell pages and found pictures and minimal information now I want to learn what all the pins, plugs, connectors, etc. are and how they might be used. There are several plugs that aren't labelled so that I can understand what they are. I recognize the SATA, IDE, and others but there remain many that I don't know about.

TIA
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Re: Where Can I Find Information about my MOBO?

Post by Hey Jude »

♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Alternatively, you should get all the info you need by entering the (original) service tag here: Dell - System Information
Leif

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

The link posted by Hey Jude was perfect. The graphic there shows all the connections that I am concerned about.

The Dell site probably has the information I was seeking, but I was unable to uncover it as clearly as the link given my Hey Jude!

Thanks for the response, Leif.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs