Purchasing a new tablet

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Purchasing a new tablet

Post by ABabeNChrist »

I’m thinking of purchasing a new tablet, and not sure what may be good, bad or ugly. The reason I thought of a tablet is, I plan on using out in the field to perform inspections and I’m thinking it’s probably simpler to hold while using and of course the use of a touch screen. I will of course need Windows with Office and a build-in camera (that would be nice), somewhere around 2GB of ram and the hard drive doesn’t have to be too large, it’ll only be used for work. Photos will be deleted at end of each inspection. I would also like the screen to be no smaller than 10”. I have viewed a lot of possibilities, but of course everyone promotes there to be the best. Any thoughts or suggestion is always appreciated. I’m a poor simple man trying to get the biggest bang for my buck, unless of course there’s one that can make a mean Margarita. :bananas:

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: Purchasing a new tablet

Post by DaveA »

You might want to wait and see ewhat Microsoft has in the waiting room, with there Windows 8 OS that will run on the "Mini Tablets".

See http://www.windows8news.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/feat ... enews.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Timelord
4StarLounger

Post by Timelord »

Have you looked at the Dell Duo? Runs Windows 7, 2 GB RAM, touchscreen and can be a pc when needed. I have seen a couple and while I have decided to wait until the next iteration I think this is a pretty decent machine.
Who will you Inspire today?

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Post by ABabeNChrist »

Thank you DaveA and Timelord
The new release of Windows 8 is interesting, but i like the Dell Inspiron duo, it looks like what i'm looking for, and the price is right.
I'll do more further investigating before making a final decision.
Thanks again