Epson Stylus SX215

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Epson Stylus SX215

Post by Dave Davison »

I have just designed a calendar for 2011 using holiday and family photos and seeing I still have the paper pack that came with my first Epson C46 that includes A4 sheets of card {don't know what the microns is but it is not too thick) and thought I would use it as gloss paper is rather expensive seeing I just want the calendar for my study / computer room. Those I print for the family will be on gloss paper. However I discover that the printer will no pick up the card for printing, anyone have such a printer and can enlighten me as to whether this model is no designed for such or if maybe there is some adjustment that can be made to the settings... I rather doubt not but it is a long shot. Regards Dave.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Epson Stylus SX215

Post by StuartR »

I have moved this post moved from the Other Applications forum to the Hardware forum.

When I have had similar problems with other printer models I have fixed them by very gently cleaning the rubber rollers that pick up the paper.
StuartR

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks for the pointer, but I don't envisage the rollers need cleaning on the printer in question as it is almost new. Must admit I have never printed card before so perhaps it is the exception rather than the norm to so do. Has anyone attempted this using an Epson? Regards Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Have you tried pushing down the card gently with your hand until printing starts? I remember having to do so with thicker than average paper because the rollers initially didn't get enough grip. Once the rollers start moving the paper, stop pushing, otherwise printing might be skewed.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

That thought had crossed my mind so I tried putting slight downward pressure on the top of the card but the rollers failed to snag it, I even tried placing the piece of card at the front of a pack of paper in the feeder but no luck, maybe I will try what you suggested again and see what happens. Thanks Dave.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Have you looked through the various setting in the Printer control panel? You may be able to select 'card' as a paper type and the machine then may adjust things somewhere to let the heavier/thicker stock through the workings...?

:shrug:

Ken

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Dave Davison wrote:...I don't envisage the rollers need cleaning on the printer in question as it is almost new...
I still recommend trying this, I have seen it solve this exact problem on so many different printers. Just find the rubbery-looking rollers and give them a wipe with a slightly damp, lint free, clean cloth. It will only take you a few minutes.
StuartR