Skype...

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Skype...

Post by JoeP »

John Gray wrote:
HansV wrote:What makes you think that such people can spell correctly? If you called everyone who writes "wierd" an impostor, you'd condemn a lot of people! :smile:
It is my sole function in life...!
And you are darn good at it. :evilgrin:

Joe
Joe

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

:preen:!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

John Gray wrote: It is my sole function in life...!
     :yawn:      :yawn:      :yawn:      :yawn:
Leif

diegol
StarLounger

Post by diegol »

Using a rather old version I think (3.6.0.244) and really like it. I think it's much cleaner an application than, say, MSN Messenger. Chat is neat and for my simple call needs (occasional VOIP call to another Skype user in Ireland or Barcelona) the :free: service works great.
Leif wrote:Annoyances I found:
  • Despite setting every privacy option I could find, I never found a way to block spurious 'invitations' from the likes of Sexy Sadie and Sumptuous Suzie (and no, they were not offering to buy me a drink in a London hotel bar :grin: ) It was these - up to 3 or 4 a day - that made me stop using it.
I don't recall that happening to me... :sigh:
I always have Skype turned off. I make an arrangement for a Skype call on a certain day at a certain hour, then I launch Skype, talk/chat, and quit the application again. Maybe that has something to do?

:argentina: Diegol