blogging

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: blogging

Post by stuck »

Jezza wrote:Go for Blogger,http://tinyurl.com/magicforest
I'm curious, how did you remove the 'powered by blogger' attribution form the footer of your blog?

Ken

waggers
NewLounger

Post by waggers »

Sundog wrote:
Leif wrote:By 'blogees', do you mean people who can view your blog, or people who can make postings to it?

This will be a blog for an event held over three days, for a small audience.

I would like anyone who learns of this blog via our advertising/marketing efforts (or via any other way) to be able to View and Post.
Post new blog entries, or post comments on your blog entries? If it's the latter, they won't need a Google account, you can set the permissions so that anyone can comment. If the former, then perhaps you're not really talking about a blog, you're talking about a forum (like Eileen's Lounge).

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

And a belated welcome to Eileen's Lounge, waggers!
Best wishes,
Hans

waggers
NewLounger

Post by waggers »

Thanks Hans, sorry I've been away so long!

waggers
NewLounger

Post by waggers »

stuck wrote:
I'm curious, how did you remove the 'powered by blogger' attribution form the footer of your blog?

Ken
I think it just sits in the (customisable) footer in the standard design. I know I removed it from my own blog some time ago (which I must update one of these days) but can't really remember how.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

If you want a nice free tool to help you in creating blog entries see Windows Live Writer 2011. It works with WordPress, Blogger, & more.

Joe
Joe

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Leif wrote:If you don't have a Google Mail (Gmail) address, you'll need one
That was not my experience when I set up an experimental Blogger blog. I did need to create Google account but doing that did not require a gmail address. I used one set up with my ISP.

Ken

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

waggers wrote:
stuck wrote:

Ken
I think it just sits in the (customisable) footer in the standard design. I know I removed it from my own blog some time ago (which I must update one of these days) but can't really remember how.
I can see where it sits but it doesn't seem to be editable. I've looked at the HTML but it's a bit beyond my level (i.e. more advanced than <p> hello world</p>)

Ken