What is CCleaner?

perryl7822
NewLounger

What is CCleaner?

Post by perryl7822 »

I have not used CCleaner. What exactly does it do. I am always looking for new software that will keep my computer running smoothly. Any advice on this product? What other ways do you guys use it?
Perry L. "Linux Freak"
www.mnui.com

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: No sound on You Tube

Post by stuck »

CCleaner is a simple application that clears out various temporary files. It also includes a registry cleaner. When used 'as is', i.e. with its default settings it is very safe and unlikely to damage your PC. I've used it for many years and never had any problems with it but since it deletes stuff (but only with your say so) I have to add the inevitable "use at your own risk".

Read more here:
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
BUT download from slim version from the 'builds' page and avoid any clutter, here: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

Ken
PS for the admins: My post and the one to which I'm replying probably belong in a separate thread in 'Other Apps' as we're not talking about YouTube any more

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: No sound on You Tube

Post by Bigaldoc »

perryl7822 wrote:I have not used CCleaner. What exactly does it do. I am always looking for new software that will keep my computer running smoothly. Any advice on this product? What other ways do you guys use it?
Oh boy, it's one software product that gets a LOT of mention here in Eileen's Lounge. Their "features" list is here: CCleaner - Features

If you search Eileen's Lounge for "ccleaner" you'll come up with a lot of reading. Have fun!

HansV
Administrator

Re: What is CCLeaner?

Post by HansV »

stuck wrote:PS for the admins: My post and the one to which I'm replying probably belong in a separate thread in 'Other Apps' as we're not talking about YouTube any more
Done, with thanks!

I have left a note with a link to this thread in the original thread.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: What is CCLeaner?

Post by stuck »

HansV wrote:
stuck wrote:PS for the admins: My post and the one to which I'm replying probably belong in a separate thread in 'Other Apps' as we're not talking about YouTube any more
Done, with thanks!

I have left a note with a link to this thread in the original thread.
:clapping: have a :chocciebar:

Ken