ClickYes - trap for young players

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

ClickYes - trap for young players

Post by ChrisGreaves »

I've been using ClickYes for about a year now, off and on.
With the advent of Win7, Outlook2000 no longer works for me, so I installed my Office 2002 suite and am now dependent on ClickYes for mailings.
Part of my hassle these past two weeks is that ClickYes "doesn't work" under Win7.
This morning the penny dropped - my mail run is driven by Word, which calls Outlook.
I've been thinking of my mail run - Word - as requiring a ClickYes solution.
But Word is the vehicle that invokes Outlook, and it is Outlook that needs the ClickYes response.
Once I told ClickYes to respond to Outlook instead of Word, ClickYes performs as flawlessly as it always had!
42.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: ClickYes - trap for young players

Post by John Gray »

We've been using the free ClickYes at work for a couple of years, to be able programmatically to send out hundreds of emails sequentially from Outlook 2003, without having to (yes, you've guessed it!) Click on Yes!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

John Gray wrote:... send out hundreds of emails sequentially from Outlook 2003,
Which leaves me amused, but only faintly.
  • Here's MSoft inhibiting hundreds of robotic emails.
  • Here's a 3rd party supplying a robot to overcome MSoft's robotic response to hundreds of robotic emails.
  • And here go out hundreds of emails robotically ...
A better design might have been for MSoft to provide some sort of signature trap - "Robotic emails are OK if they come from THIS specific VBA project ..." or similar.
As far as I can see you (and I), by installing ClickYes, are now vulnerable to any rogue Office project that decides to send out emails.

(You don't suppose that the Nigeria scam was all along a malfunctioning copy of Office 97 ...? :disappointed: )

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

So you two, John and Chris, are the source of all of the scams that I have been receiving! :grin: :flee: :hairout:
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

DaveA wrote:So you two, John and Chris, are the source of all of the scams
John's the one you want to go after, not me.
Everything I learned, I learned from him!

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

John Gray wrote:We've been using the free ClickYes at work for a couple of years, to be able programmatically to send out hundreds of emails sequentially from Outlook 2003, without having to (yes, you've guessed it!) Click on Yes!
I should have paid more attention to your post, especially the bit about "2003".

This thread says in part:
This error with Outlook 2002 when installed on Windows Vista. The technical details are that Outlook 2002 uses the "Protected Storage Interface" to store its passwords, and this is not supported in Windows Vista. The following article describes the problem in more detail, but does not give a fix for Outlook 2002 when installed on Vista. Save password setting not retained in Outlook or Outlook Express: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290684/en-us Mainstream support for Outlook 2002 ended in June, 2006.

So having installed Office 2000 on this 64-bit Win7 notebook, customized it, uninstalled it when I found Outlook 2000 won't run under Win7, installed Office 2002, customized it, I will now uninstall Office 2002 because it doesn't remember passwords and install and customize Office 2003.

(signed) "Not a happy camper" of Toronto.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

ChrisGreaves wrote:I should have paid more attention to your post
It's the story of my life...!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...