exporting from Audacity

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

exporting from Audacity

Post by Dave Davison »

During the copying of an audio Cassette I was called away from the computer and returned to find the tape recorder had switched off having come to the end of side one. This meant that turning the tape to side two and continuing to transfer the audio left a lengthy blank gap which I cut out using Audacity but there does not seem to be a tab to click to export the edited file to the HD, Advise please. Thanks Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Re: exporting from Audacity

Post by HansV »

Have you tried File | Export As (your preferred format). You can choose between WAV, MP3, Ogg Vorbis and perhaps other formats.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks for the reply....that made me feel sort of a dummy as I can't recall seeing such options available to me. Just tried again.... dragged an audio file to Audacity...cut a section out and clicked "File" only to find the options you mentioned are in fact "Greyed out". :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: Regards Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Was the music playing while you tried this?
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks..just tried it again making sure the music was not playing, got the options you mentioned but when I clicked on Export as mp3 this message appeared. What is Lame and where do I get it from please? Regards again Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Try clicking Yes in the dialog shown in your screenshot.
Best wishes,
Hans

June Bug
Lounger

Post by June Bug »

Dave,

If you haven't gotten Lame installed yet, try this. Follow the instructions for All Users. All you need is the one .dll file. Save it to a location that will not be disturbed before you let Audacity find it, as it is needed each time you export a file.

JB
:music:

JB

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thank you... I did just that and discovered that I needed to download "Lame" so did a Google, downloaded & installed it and hey presto it was dead easy to grasp after reading the tutorial. So I thought... just tried to convert a file in (.wma) 4.38 minutes duration to mp3; the icon appeared on the desktop showing 0.00 duration & 2.06 KB size but has no data. Any ideas please. Dave.

June Bug
Lounger

Post by June Bug »

Are you using Audacity V 1.3.12? Version 1.2.6 doesn't support importing WMA Files. You will need V 1.3.12 and the FFmpeg plugin. The download of the FFmpeg plugin and installation instructions can be found here.

JB
:music:

JB

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks June...just checked and am indeed using 1.2.6. version so will upgrade to the one you mentioned and try that. Regards Dave.

Followed your instructions and after a fair bit of groping this rather dither y Silver Surfer achieved the desired result. Would never have achieved this in a lifetime without this fantastic lounge; or should I say the fantastic community that give of their time and expertise to help guys like me. Sorry if I sound over the top but I mean it. A thousand :thankyou: 's. Dave.

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

JuneBug helped me a year ago to set up Audacity so I could record my granddaughter singing "The Twelve Days of Christmas" and it worked just like he said it would. Thanks again JB :-)
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image