Raxco Software USA filing bankruptcy

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Raxco Software USA filing bankruptcy

Post by BobArch2 »

I just received a legal notice that Raxco has filed a Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

Here is a clip from their website:

To All Raxco Customers,

After 45 years of meeting the system utility software needs of consumer and business users worldwide, Raxco is closing its doors. For anyone with a permanent product license (PerfectDisk, PerfectStorage, any OVMS product), the product(s) will continue to work but will no longer have any updates or technical support. For those with subscription products (PerfectGuard, PerfectRegistry, PerfectUpdater, InstantRecovery), the product(s) will work until the end of the subscription term but support will no longer be available. We would like to thank the user community for its patronage over the years, and we regret any inconvenience this may cause. There are alternative products that perform similar function available from other vendors with the exception of PerfectStorage and InstantRecovery.
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Re: Raxco Software USA filing bankruptcy

Post by HansV »

The Dutch subsidiary of Raxco is in negotiations with another company to see if they can take over the licensing and support...
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Re: Raxco Software USA filing bankruptcy

Post by BobArch2 »

HansV wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 20:36
The Dutch subsidiary of Raxco is in negotiations with another company to see if they can take over the licensing and support...
YUP, I later found that reference to a possible transfer of licensing to the Dutch subsidiary.

I renewed my annual maintenance plan for PerfectDisk for a two year period back in May 2023 for a total cost of Cdn$ 20.31. I found it handy when I first got it about three decades ago.
Regards,
Bob