The Print Shop 6.0 Deluxe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

The Print Shop 6.0 Deluxe

Post by hlewton »

I am curious if anyone else here uses a program called The Print Shop. There is a new version out that I would like to talk about but only if others use it. It would make no sense, at least in my mind, if no one here can see what I am seeing when I use this program.
Regards,
hlewton

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: The Print Shop 6.0 Deluxe

Post by stuck »

I'd never heard of that software but if my Googling is good, this is relevant page on the developer's website:
https://www.broderbund.com/the-print-sh ... ve-windows

The current version appears to be v23.1, which sounds like a very long way from the v6.0 in the title of this thread.

Ken

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

stuck wrote:
12 Aug 2020, 17:34
I'd never heard of that software but if my Googling is good, this is relevant page on the developer's website:
https://www.broderbund.com/the-print-sh ... ve-windows

The current version appears to be v23.1, which sounds like a very long way from the v6.0 in the title of this thread.

Ken
yep you're close. They came out with 2 current versions, the one you mention and The Print Shop 6.0 Deluxe version. See http://www.printshop.com/. Sorry I have a better link that showed both but I must have deleted it.
Regards,
hlewton

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

DaveA wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 14:37
Have a look at this page https://www.broderbund.com/the-print-shop-deluxe-6-0
That is very similar to where I purchased it except the page I was on offers both versions. I got 15% off because I have been a user of Print Shop for many, many years, I guess. I just was going to ask, if anyone else used it, how they liked the new GUI.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

DaveA wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 14:37
Have a look at this page https://www.broderbund.com/the-print-shop-deluxe-6-0
That is the exact page where I purchased 6.0 but for some reason it took forever to load and then I didn't see the bottom where it talks about version 23.1. I closed it and clicked on the link again and that time it loaded fine.

I still don't know if I made the right choice but I just am not crazy about 6.0's GUI. I have no idea if version 23.1 is similar and that really is why I started this thread.
Regards,
hlewton

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Did you click on the tab below the thumbnails of the different image that shows a "Comparison Chart"?

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

DaveA wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 14:54
Did you click on the tab below the thumbnails of the different image that shows a "Comparison Chart"?
I did but I didn't see any side by side comparisons. I did write them asking if either or both versions would be compatible with my already saved projects since they did, at one time, change their format. They told me both versions would be compatible with my saved files so I just picked 6.0 because my most recent version before this was 4.0. That's really the only reasoning I used.
Regards,
hlewton

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Is this what you wanted to see
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

DaveA wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 14:59
Is this what you wanted to see
No I have never seen that. I wonder why. Thanks for posting this.
Regards,
hlewton

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Did you click this "Tab"?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

DaveA wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 15:19
Did you click this "Tab"?
I am not sure I saw any tab but I will look and get back to you. Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

It is there and I just totally missed it. Even after seeing it I would have ordered 6.0 because it more than fills my needs. I just am not at all crazy about its opening GUI. Wish someone had the 23.1 version so I could find out if it too is not pleasing to the eye and harder to navigate as is 6.0.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

I just looked over that comparison chart pretty closely and am more convinced I made the right choice. The only thing I still do not know is about the opening GUI. Version 23.1 says its User Interface was not updated but I have no idea what that actually means.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

I don't want to start another thread and since this was in connection to Print Shop let me ask this. After I purchased this product, the first download link they sent me was blocked by me real time Malwarebytes protection. I did not want to disable it in order to download Print Shop so I wrote them. A few days later they sent me another link that was OK to download from. I also contacted the sales department first and a nice lady, but not very knowledgeable about malware or viruses told me she thought the link was safe. Not too encouraging, at least not to me. She then allowed me to purchase and have sent to me this program on a DVD disc, which I wanted to do in the first place but because I purchased Print Shop with multiple licenses their only option was to download it, I could not originally purchase the DVD.

What would any of you have done? Would any of you have disabled the protection to download this or any other program you just purchased? I tried multiple times and every time the original link was blocked.

I guess I should mention I run Windows Defender as the anti-virus protection program and it gave no notice but still I didn't want to by-pass the warning I got.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

If Windows Security gave the file a green light I would have allowed it to run. I would have chosen the "Custom" installation if available, to make sure no third-party software was installed with it.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 16:02
If Windows Security gave the file a green light I would have allowed it to run. I would have chosen the "Custom" installation if available, to make sure no third-party software was installed with it.
Thanks Hans. I will keep that in mind the next time anything like this happens. Strange though they did manage to send me a safe link on their second try. I still have the DVD coming which I like.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

It might well be the same as with CCleaner: the download may have contained an offer to install extra software (a PUP = a Potentially Unwanted Program).
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 17:58
It might well be the same as with CCleaner: the download may have contained an offer to install extra software (a PUP = a Potentially Unwanted Program).
Thanks I would have never thought of that. Plus I just learned something new; what PUP means. Thanks for that as well.
Regards,
hlewton