Update: CCleaner 5.70 released

HansV
Administrator

Re: Update: CCleaner 5.70 released

Post by HansV »

The "builds" page CCleaner - Download Builds offers three versions, all free:

S3471.png

The top one is the one the developer would prefer you to download; you can also share it with others. It comes with an offer to install extra software that is not related to CCleaner. The developer gets a bit of money for this.

The second one is the 'portable' version. You just unpack the zip file to a folder and run the program from there. That way, you can run CCleaner from a USB stick, for example.

The third one doesn't come with an offer to install extra software. You're not supposed to share this version with others.

Again, all three are free.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Thanks DaveA. I always use the free version. I wonder if that is considered a Slim version.
Regards,
hlewton

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

I think that there's been a link [in the lounge posts] to the build page for umpteen of years; and those who often update by downloading from it will probably know that there is a slight delay before the new portable/slim versions are released. And as Hans said, they are all free, and have been using these names for quite some time.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

OK, Thanks. I guess the link I use must be different than what is posted here since it offers 3 options, two of which have a cost.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

That's why I post a link to the builds page each time a new version is released...
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 21:54
That's why I post a link to the builds page each time a new version is released...
Thanks. I will have to keep an eye out for that. I only found it this time because I was looking this forum over for The Print Shop. I'd say I made a good find here.
Regards,
hlewton