Devices anomalies

aekyall
4StarLounger

Devices anomalies

Post by aekyall »

Not sure if this is the correct forum so please move if needed

Under my Devices and Printer option of the Control Panel I have somehow acquired 438 Genie Media Servers (Home-PC[Windows]) of which only 1 is highlighted, and I assume the 'active' one. The other 437 appear to have nothing in them and I think are duplicates? I think I must have acquired these when I had a Sony Android smart phone a few years ago! My problem is that it takes an age to load the display when I want to access my actual printers and/or devices (which are detailed at the bottom of the display, following the 438!). I am able to delete them one at a time but if I try and highlight more than one then I cannot get an option to delete. I'd rather not have to do 437 individual deletes, so does anyone have any knowledge of how I might get rid of the offending 437 please? :scratch:

Devices.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Keith

HansV
Administrator

Re: Devices anomalies

Post by HansV »

Perhaps you can use Device Cleanup Tool (free) from Tools for Windows
Best wishes,
Hans

aekyall
4StarLounger

Re: Devices anomalies

Post by aekyall »

HansV wrote:
20 Jun 2020, 14:54
Perhaps you can use Device Cleanup Tool (free) from Tools for Windows
Perfect! - Had to run it as administrator to get the multiple delete option, but it certainly did the trick - in about 10 seconds flat!! :thankyou: :chocciebar:
Regards,
Keith