VBScript error 2738

Gloria E
5StarLounger

VBScript error 2738

Post by Gloria E »

I've posted this problem before, but all suggestions failed. I also register the VBScript.dll and it appeared to have been done successfully, but the error still exists The error message occurs when installing IncrediMail. The error message is: Error 2738 Could not access VBScript run time for custom action.

Since nothing I've tried has worked, I think it's time to replace VBScript. It's listed on the computer as:
VBScript.dll C:\Windows\System32 and another application as C:\Windows\SysWOW64. Version 5.8.7600.16546.
I've searched the web with Google and found articles on Visual Basic Scripting Edition and Replace Method (VBScript). None were easy for me to understand, I need something simple and easy to do. I have no fear of the registry, If I have to do something there I can do it.

I'm in the process of working with IM Support but so far no cigar. Will some of you brilliant people advise me of how to remove, replace VBScript? I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit, Internet Explorer 8 and a spanking brand new Dell Inspiron 400 computer.

Thanks in advance,

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: VBScript error 2738

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Thanks Hans, printed the article and will use it as soon as I can. I plan to get back to you and let you know if it worked.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Did you try the registry fix that was linked in your question on the Incredimail support forum? Do you know for sure that Incredimail is compatible with 64-bit WIndows?

It is highly unlikely you need to do anything to VBscript.

Joe
Joe

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

JoeP wrote:Did you try the registry fix that was linked in your question on the Incredimail support forum? Do you know for sure that Incredimail is compatible with 64-bit WIndows?

It is highly unlikely you need to do anything to VBscript.

Joe
If I'm not mistaken, Joe. I said in one of my posts that the link failed, If I didn't consider this your answer to your first question.

I do not know if the program is compatible or not, so that's a question I asked when I wrote IM tech support. A friend of mine runs Windows 7 and she has the latest version of IM, so that should answer your question and mine.

I HAVE to do something about VBScript, there's nothing else to try except running SFC/Scan now like I was advised to do.
If that doesn't work I'm going to try and find someone who will tell me how to fix VBScript.

Gloria E

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

You said you tried several things but have not enumerated what those were in this thread.

The Incredimail installer must be compatible with 64-bit Windows. Have you heard back from IM support?

Does your friend also have 64-bit Windows 7?

If you have tried to use SFC and it did not find anything then I'll repeat myself it is highly unlikely that this is a VBscript problem. You are looking for a majic bullet that probably does not exist.
Joe

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

JoeP wrote:You said you tried several things but have not enumerated what those were in this thread.

The Incredimail installer must be compatible with 64-bit Windows. Have you heard back from IM support?

Does your friend also have 64-bit Windows 7?

If you have tried to use SFC and it did not find anything then I'll repeat myself it is highly unlikely that this is a VBscript problem. You are looking for a majic bullet that probably does not exist.
I heard by email from IM support this morning and IM is NOT compatible with 64-bit, but they did say that they are working on currently. So I won't worry about the installation or the VBScript error message.

Please consider this thread closed.

Thanks for every ones attempts to help me.

Gloria E