Sorting portrait & landscape images

RonH
SilverLounger

Sorting portrait & landscape images

Post by RonH »

Is there an easy way to sort into portrait & landscape images held in a Windows 11 Pictures folder.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Sorting portrait & landscape images

Post by stuck »

How about this idea for doing this on Win 10:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comm ... indows_10/

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

There is no option to sort by orientation, but if all the pictures are the same size, say 4000x3000 (landscape) or 3000x4000 (portrait), you can sort by dimension: select Sort > More > Dimensions.

S2117.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks for these clues ... I will have a study.

Most of my images for resize to a print shop are 3:4 or 4:3 so I guess I can sort these easily. The remaining images of various dimensions from other sources can be manually sorted or, if suitable, cropped to my preferred sizing.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Neither really solves this 'sort' need ... dimensions picks kb size.
Looks like the 'hard way'
Thanks anyway
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Are you sure? I just tried Sort > More > Dimensions and it sorted all narrow (portrait) images before the wide (landscape) images, regardless of file size.
And if I select Descending instead of Ascending, the landscape images before the portrait images.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

:thankyou: You are so correct, Hans.

I have tried again and this time I had the same result as you. Excellent solution for the majority of images before I send online for printing at a specific maximum size of 'long side'. Using Batch Processing I can process separately the portrait/landscape images with (say) a long side of 13cm. Typically, my lady, has batches of 200 - 500 images at one time and manual sorting is a 'pain'.
I am overjoyed at this easy solution which I should have thought of before :fanfare:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.