Interesting Web tools

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Interesting Web tools

Post by agibsonsw »

Hello. Thought I'd pass on the following, in case it's of interest to anyone :smile:

There is an editor called Sublime Text 2 which is beautiful to work with! It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a major IDE, but most features are there and many others can be installed - using TextMate bundles. I think Python is it's scripting language, so additional features can be added this way (I believe?).

Of particular note is a distraction free view and multi-selection - both really cool! There's an unlimited trial but the product itself costs $59 dollars. I can also click a file on the left to get a (full) preview of it, without necessarily opening the file :smile:

I have also just discovered Zen programming - but I suppose most web developers have already discovered this? For example, to generate a table with five rows of four cells each, I can just type

table>tr*5>td*4

and press some key combination (such as Ctrl-Enter) to generate the table. Fab! It can also be installed with Sublime Text 2. Andy.

P.S. the red arrow in the screenshot is pointing at a mini-map of the current page.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.