Mark Up Tags

steveh
SilverLounger

Mark Up Tags

Post by steveh »

Hi All

I am working on a Community Dash board for our office at Teamlabsbut it does not seem to have a support forum although there is an FAQ page. I have never used mark up tags except in this lounge to markup websites (and that has taken me over a year to learn :hairout: )

On this site you can create your own Wiki's and it shows you how to use the markup tages, example below

To start a new section, use the = symbol at the beginning of a paragraph:
=Section=
==Subsection==
===Sub-subsection===

Inserting @TOC@ in a page will unite all page sections and subsections in a table of contents.

Wiki markup ignores line breaks. You may use them to separate sentences within a paragraph.
Use the «br» tag to break lines without starting a new paragraph.

So at the top of the page after a brief description I have put the @TOC@

and then added content such as

=Country Overview=

==UK Map==

==UK Flag==

=Opening Hours=

==OPs Department==

==CS Department==

==Accounts Department==

Etc.

However when I publish I get exactly as detailed above and not as I expected from their example
Wiki.gif
Do I need to enable something in my browser or anything else you can think of?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

HansV
Administrator

Re: Mark Up Tags

Post by HansV »

This thread received no replies at all for almost two weeks in the Scuttlebutt forum. I have moved it to the Web Development forum - perhaps someone will see it here and reply...
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Hi Steve!

I've never done any wiki markup but I have done several web pages using HTML and CSS and some other markup interpreters. While I can't answer your question, I can ask if you've seen this web site? Wiki Mark-Up

Hope it helps!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

steveh
SilverLounger

Post by steveh »

BobH wrote:Hi Steve!

I've never done any wiki markup but I have done several web pages using HTML and CSS and some other markup interpreters. While I can't answer your question, I can ask if you've seen this web site? Wiki Mark-Up

Hope it helps!
Hi Bob

Great, thank you, solved straight away. According to the Wiki link you have to go down to 4 heading sections before it puts the TOC in automatically, because (a) I did not know this, and, (b) thought it was not working afer a couple of headings I assumed that it was not working.

I will print this article out for reference, thanks again.

Also cheers Hans for the move it did the trick
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

This is the first time I've ever provided even a pointer to a solution (to say nothing of actually providing one) instead of just asking for them.

I'm gonna mark this down as a red letter day and petition both the US Congress and the UK Parliament to officially declare the date as "Bob Day!"

I'm really glad it helped Steve!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

I second the motion!
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

BobH wrote:This is the first time I've ever provided even a pointer to a solution (to say nothing of actually providing one)...
:clapping: :fanfare: :fanfare: :clapping:
StuartR