Favelet Suite

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Favelet Suite

Post by agibsonsw »

Hi. I mentioned the link http://slayeroffice.com/?c=/content/tools/suite.html on another board but thought it worth mentioning here as well.

When added to your bookmarks toolbar you can click 'Favelet Suite' to explore the html, css, etc., within the current page. It's a little quirky with certain pages but you can just press Esc or refresh the page to dismiss it. Firefox has Firebug which can do some similar things but can be complex. This is not an add-on, just a link.
fave1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

Jezza
5StarLounger

Re: Favelet Suite

Post by Jezza »

That is quite interesting, how does it work with frames and includes in IE? I do a lot of development in my application for work and I sometimes want to drill down into the html areas
Jerry
I’ll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there’s evidence of any thinking going on inside it

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

Any particular page I should look at?
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

Jezza
5StarLounger

Post by Jezza »

Sadly not as it is an internal application only available on our network. Does it have a section in Help that covers Framesets and/or javascript includes?
Jerry
I’ll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there’s evidence of any thinking going on inside it

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

I haven't found a frame yet. Some features work in some pages of IE, but reading some of the Favelet Suite's help indicates that IE doesn't like it very much.

It's a little old (2005 - is that old?) but it's worth a play. Andy.

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

Here's a screenshot from within IE. I'll check what it says about framesets, JavaScript, but I'm less optimistic about IE.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

One more screenshot for their JavaScript Object Tree. But this is within Firefox and this doesn't work (apparently) in IE :sad:

jscher2000
2StarLounger

Post by jscher2000 »

agibsonsw wrote:Image
That is reminiscent of one of the displays available in Chris Pederick's Web Developer Extension (press Ctrl+Shift+f and click the element; the info palette is draggable to a more convenient location):
WebDevExt-ElementInfo2.png

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

You can drag the Suite version as well. It doesn't have the overhead of an add-in.

Am I turning into a marketing bod? I just found it a little interesting..